Gizmo from the My science project movie

Ok ok I'll be the one to do it this time. Any new info on this project? This is one I would love to build to so if anyone has anything new I think we would love to hear it.

I actually have the original drawings and production blueprints of the Gizmo ( called the Orb on the blueprints) obtained from the builders of it Grant McCune Design

do you know what happned to the prop, did GMD keep it after Production?

I actually have the original drawings and production blueprints of the Gizmo ( called the Orb on the blueprints) obtained from the builders of it Grant McCune Design

From Invaluable:

H5574-L91874288.jpg

From all the info we could find, the original Gizmo ( Orb ) was damaged years later in storage and then thrown out.

Yes Odin82 those are the drawings/blueprints . I think they are just as impressive as the Gizmo itself especially the details in the drawings.

We are going to convert the drawings into a CNC program and run one of in billet alloy most likely in 6 pieces which would bolt together ( I own a vehicle restoration/customizing business and a lot of our parts are cnc billet so that's the easy choice for us).

The Prop will live again ( functioning Timewarp maybe not )

I was going through the original blueprints this morning so I thought I would put up some pics, It looks like the scale of the drawings are 1.1 full size ( big drawings) and as I mentioned before the detailing of the gold etching and patterns on it are amazing . ( details don't come up very well in pics )

They list out
- gold etch areas
- fibre optic lights
- the pull out arm mechs
- rotating top panel
- the tesla light/plasma globe

We will list up some build pics/progress as we go.new phone 073.jpgnew phone 072.jpgnew phone 074.jpg

Just a friendly reminder, this is not an interest or sales thread (as those belong in the Classifieds Forums) so please do not make interest or sales related posts. Thanks. :)

Just a friendly reminder, this is not an interest or sales thread (as those belong in the Classifieds Forums) so please do not make interest or sales related posts. Thanks. :)

Is that why my comment was deleted? I just said I'd love to have a gizmo, I never asked someone to sell or make me one. Just to make this clear..

:lol As usual love your Avatar and Sig photo, been running that film for all that missed it! :lol

Is that why my comment was deleted? I just said I'd love to have a gizmo, I never asked someone to sell or make me one. Just to make this clear..
Yours just got caught up in the removal of the "I'll take one" type posts. ;)

:lol As usual love your Avatar and Sig photo, been running that film for all that missed it! :lol
Definitely a good flick that slipped under the radar... problem is, since my avatar/banner changes daily, people are really going to wonder what we are talking about when the Monsters Inc. or Iron Man combo is up. :)

Following with interest, I've always wanted one, any chance better hi res pictures can be posted? They would be very much appreciated?

One of my favorite movies as a kid. I would not mind seeing more on this thing.

Another prop from this movie that I always remembered is the light-up middle-finger that pops out of the trunk.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back