Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by gpghosts, May 13, 2006.

1. gpghosts

gpghosts Well-Known Member

Lets see what you have built and any videos if you got em

2. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. roboprop

roboprop Well-Known Member

4. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

5. exoray

exoray Master Member

Just some stuff to bring the pack to life...

[​IMG]

Vid 1
    Vid 2

Note the new runs have the correct 15 lights...

6. PlanoJedi

PlanoJedi Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ May 14 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1244245[/snapback]</div>
    ...and what will this little gem cost a person?

7. exoray

exoray Master Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    I not looking to hijack this thread, so PM me for any and all details or questions please...

8. gpghosts

well heres a pic of me

[​IMG]

and howling wind have we meet before you look like a guy i meet at the motor city comic con

9. TheSt.LouisKid

TheSt.LouisKid Sr Member

Many parts I drew up on illustrator and laser cut myself. Drew up the motherboard as well and had it CNC routered. Barrel extends with a push of a button and can lock back into place. What couldn't be cut is scratch built. Used super bight l.e.d.s so they can be seen in daytime. Only the bumper and crank knob were made by someone else. Clippard valves and Dale resistors are from an electronics scrap yard and are conveniently pre weathered. Brand new alice frame from ebay. Sound chip by RAC & JR.

[​IMG]

Gun lights in the dark.

[​IMG]

10. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Sr Member

Here is my gear I recently finished up. Pack and trap finished by HotShot (thanks bro). All the electronics were done by me. :D

GB trap:

Has a removable container and light kit. I put the electronics in the body but still have lights and servos in the container. Worked up a plug system so everything still comes apart. The trap bar graph and red LED lights up true to the movie after you close the doors.
    [​IMG]

And here is a movie of trap w/ working doors:
    Trap movie

Proton pack:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I put 1W LEDs in the wand tip so it is extremely bright. Also music and sound effects are synchronized. 8'" woofer and horn tweeter are installed in the back of the pack motherboard. The wand also has a vibration motor that kicks off while firing the wand.
    Proton lights and sound effects movie

Also we put the volume control for the whole pack in the wand.. Never been done. The 2 buttons located at the wand tip control volume (music truly at your fingertips.).
    Wand volume control movie

Here is my latest stay puft sound byte to go along when role playing (people at a recent con loved it.):
    Stay puft sound clip movie

And last but not least, my trap smoker is built into my pack - also triggered from the wand. So I can smoke a trap or just run around like my pack just overheated at will. :lol
    Free roaming vapor smoker movie

Everything is controlled from the wand, plus the system runs off a single 12V gel cell rechargeable battery that lasts days on end. When you need to just plug her in for a recharge :thumbsup.

Hope you like it...

11. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

wow.... :eek

Awesome packs everyone.

12. howlingwind13

13. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(hyperdyne @ May 14 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1244336[/snapback]</div>

I got a chance to see Hyperdynes pack when HotShot was building it. I t LITERALLY kicks you in the backside with that subwoffer/speaker set up. The pack and the electronics are all top notch. I told HotShot that he convinced me to get one of these myself.

Scott

14. MGC

MGC Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

15. gpghosts

i thought that was you were do you live in michigan and i really wanna make a pack but i dont have the craftsmanship to do it

16. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

hyperdyne, that is so freakin awsome. seriously excellent work on the lighting and sounds. If I had spare cash I'd buy one with your kits installed for sure.

17. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Sr Member

Thanks. I couldnt of realized any of this without HotShot's tremendous help. I am just glad after all these years I finally scored some gear... :lol

18. autoprops713

autoprops713 Well-Known Member

19. gpghosts

Very Nice i hope it comes out after i get my proton pack

20. howlingwind13