Ghostbusters

Here's some of my stuff, my pack has sound my Girlfriend's doesn't. Her pack is a Vacuform ( for the weight) mine is a scratch built with some purchased parts.
I also have a PKE meter with hyperdyne guts.
mike

Here's my Planet Hollywood replica pack....

im0021521gy.jpg

More pictures can be found here...

http://img301.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=im0020464ja.jpg

Darrin

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ May 14 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1244245[/snapback]</div>
Just some stuff to bring the pack to life...

light_001.jpg

Vid 1
Vid 2

Note the new runs have the correct 15 lights...
[/b]

...and what will this little gem cost a person?

Many parts I drew up on illustrator and laser cut myself. Drew up the motherboard as well and had it CNC routered. Barrel extends with a push of a button and can lock back into place. What couldn't be cut is scratch built. Used super bight l.e.d.s so they can be seen in daytime. Only the bumper and crank knob were made by someone else. Clippard valves and Dale resistors are from an electronics scrap yard and are conveniently pre weathered. Brand new alice frame from ebay. Sound chip by RAC & JR.

prtncmplt2.jpg

Gun lights in the dark.

prtngn7.jpg

Here is my gear I recently finished up. Pack and trap finished by HotShot (thanks bro). All the electronics were done by me. :D

GB trap:

Has a removable container and light kit. I put the electronics in the body but still have lights and servos in the container. Worked up a plug system so everything still comes apart. The trap bar graph and red LED lights up true to the movie after you close the doors.
trap4.jpg

And here is a movie of trap w/ working doors:
Trap movie

Proton pack:

pack_pic.jpg
packtrap_pic.jpg

I put 1W LEDs in the wand tip so it is extremely bright. Also music and sound effects are synchronized. 8'" woofer and horn tweeter are installed in the back of the pack motherboard. The wand also has a vibration motor that kicks off while firing the wand.
Proton lights and sound effects movie

Also we put the volume control for the whole pack in the wand.. Never been done. The 2 buttons located at the wand tip control volume (music truly at your fingertips.).
Wand volume control movie

Here is my latest stay puft sound byte to go along when role playing (people at a recent con loved it.):
Stay puft sound clip movie

And last but not least, my trap smoker is built into my pack - also triggered from the wand. So I can smoke a trap or just run around like my pack just overheated at will. :lol
Free roaming vapor smoker movie

Everything is controlled from the wand, plus the system runs off a single 12V gel cell rechargeable battery that lasts days on end. When you need to just plug her in for a recharge :thumbsup.

Hope you like it...

<div class='quotetop'>(gpghosts @ May 14 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1244270[/snapback]</div>
well heres a pic of me

MeandErnieHudson.jpg

and howling wind have we meet before you look like a guy i meet at the motor city comic con
[/b]

Yep that was me...as soon as I saw that pic with you and Ernie I remember meeting you...
I got both packs signed that day...

Also I have nothing but good things to say about the hyperdyne stuff, It's all in MY pack...but Exoray's stuff is awesome as well that's in my GIRLFRIENDS pack...happy with both you can't go wrong.
mike

<div class='quotetop'>(hyperdyne @ May 14 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1244336[/snapback]</div>
Here is my gear I recently finished up. Pack and trap finished by HotShot (thanks bro). All the electronics were done by me. :D

GB trap:

Has a removable container and light kit. I put the electronics in the body but still have lights and servos in the container. Worked up a plug system so everything still comes apart. The trap bar graph and red LED lights up true to the movie after you close the doors.
trap4.jpg

And here is a movie of trap w/ working doors:
Trap movie

Proton pack:

pack_pic.jpg
packtrap_pic.jpg

I put 1W LEDs in the wand tip so it is extremely bright. Also music and sound effects are synchronized. 8'" woofer and horn tweeter are installed in the back of the pack motherboard. The wand also has a vibration motor that kicks off while firing the wand.
Proton lights and sound effects movie

Also we put the volume control for the whole pack in the wand.. Never been done. The 2 buttons located at the wand tip control volume (music truly at your fingertips.).
Wand volume control movie

Here is my latest stay puft sound byte to go along when role playing (people at a recent con loved it.):
Stay puft sound clip movie

And last but not least, my trap smoker is built into my pack - also triggered from the wand. So I can smoke a trap or just run around like my pack just overheated at will. :lol
Free roaming vapor smoker movie

Everything is controlled from the wand, plus the system runs off a single 12V gel cell rechargeable battery that lasts days on end. When you need to just plug her in for a recharge :thumbsup.

Hope you like it...
[/b]

I got a chance to see Hyperdynes pack when HotShot was building it. I t LITERALLY kicks you in the backside with that subwoffer/speaker set up. The pack and the electronics are all top notch. I told HotShot that he convinced me to get one of these myself.

Scott

<div class='quotetop'>(roboprop @ May 14 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1244060[/snapback]</div>
Here's my Planet Hollywood replica pack....[/b]

By far and away, the best one of them all.

And I didn't even like the GB2 hardware. :lol

i thought that was you were do you live in michigan and i really wanna make a pack but i dont have the craftsmanship to do it

hyperdyne, that is so freakin awsome. seriously excellent work on the lighting and sounds. If I had spare cash I'd buy one with your kits installed for sure.

Thanks. I couldnt of realized any of this without HotShot's tremendous help. I am just glad after all these years I finally scored some gear... :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back