Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire wrist neutrona

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Fun-looking prop - anyone making replicas?

429664172_122125101674182687_8961475412319909991_n.jpg

You'd think the stream would scorch the hair right off of the top of your hand!

Cool looking prop, tho. I like how they've kept the original films' aesthetic.

Just waiting for more references, should be a fun one. Definitely has the same vibe as the original films (y)

I couldn't find the exact file, but I believe there's a 3D model someone made for printing in this Facebook group:

Keep the references coming, I'll take anything. For now I can only cobble things out with known parts and a couple of references :(
The main body and trigger box measurements are matching the original gun parts so far, so that's cool that they didn't just start making up all new stuff.

gb wrist 3.png

That's what I'm worried about. All indications is it's self contained, but that doesn't make any sense. The single red window triangle piece seems to be the power source. If it's replaceable and has a limited number of "shots", maybe that could be ok.

No, I don't buy that. It's based on an unlicensed portable nuclear accelerator built in someone's garage. I feel like the original packs should only have a few shots. This hand thing better be nothing more than the wand...

Uh, you guys know that the original movie was in the 80's and we all now have super computers in our pockets right? Every piece of technology has gotten smaller AND more powerful.

I actually think it looks to much like it's made from 80's technology. That stuff is hard to find... and even harder to find still working. I don't mind keeping the overall aesthetic, but it would of been alright to modernize it a little.

Just my opinion...

Just speculating, but do we have any reason to believe that the barrel might pop out? Similar to the full sized wands? Would make sense to keep your wrist safer.

And I'd imagine this wrist thrower is probably either a short burst or a pulse rather than a sustained beam.

A bit more of it in this clip, worn by Janine. She isn't wearing a pack and it doesn't look like the neutrona is connected to anything else, so I'd say it's a good bet it's self-contained. I suppose the concept is that it would be unwieldy for her to wear a proton pack so a smaller version was engineered for her. Logically it can't do the same things as a full-sized pack, but we'll have to wait and see what movie-magic comes up with.

A bit more of it in this clip, worn by Janine. She isn't wearing a pack and it doesn't look like the neutrona is connected to anything else, so I'd say it's a good bet it's self-contained. I suppose the concept is that it would be unwieldy for her to wear a proton pack so a smaller version was engineered for her. Logically it can't do the same things as a full-sized pack, but we'll have to wait and see what movie-magic comes up with.

Hmm...Maybe Winston is rich and powerful enough to go Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne on the garage pack?

Hmm...Maybe Winston is rich and powerful enough to go Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne on the garage pack?

I guess that's possible, but it brings up the question of why he wouldn't have just made one for everybody and ditched the old, heavy, bulky packs. I'd think they'd have to limit the wrist version for just this reason.

Heck, maybe it has a different function like the slime packs in GB2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back