Getting Started

ThunderSniper

As with all good projects the best place to start is at the beginning. But seriously, I've been in performing arts for a while and so costumes are a natural thing to me, it kind of feels weird NOT to be in one if I'm honest. As such I'd like some help getting started on a build for my first cosplay idea of Daario Naharis from Game of Thrones.

I have quite a few reference pictures that are easily obtained through a Google search, I am just unsure on what materials are actually used in such a build? Most of the armour he wears seems to be made of materials that would be difficult to get hold of at best. I am entirely open to "DIY" cheaper options as well, but anything that can get a good decent cosplay, price makes no difference here.

George

Master Member
Hi TS,

what costume are you looking to make? Is it made of fabric or armor?
Perhaps you could give a description or post some photos

Strikerkc

Sr Member
A few threads down from yours is a guy making a John snow costume, that's absolutely knocking it out of the park on leather made from foam;

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278228

He's also done a good amount of research/reading on what styles were used in game of thrones. He may be able to point you to real good materials guides if you're lucky.

Everything else I remember of that character, would point me towards the upholstery section of Joanne's, for dark rough earth tone cloths, textured like the stuff I used to make this arm wrap.
IMG_20170824_192713064.jpg

ThunderSniper

Thank you all for your replies, they are extremely useful. I will look into each and every point made so that I can be sure to create the best cosplay possible and also to learn much more about the best way to tackle different obstacles. Thanks again! Amazingly helpful!