Gauntlet help

Predaman857

Ok guys I got a question, and I know everyones goin tell me to search for this stuff, but Ive done all the searching I can.

I went by Dark Hunters tutorial for a pringle can gauntlet, yet my arm is too big, even after cutting and trying several things. Is there any other things I can try? I was thinkin foam, might there be any other house hold items I could use?

I attempted to use a cup from big cup from a Gas station near me and it failed epically.

HELP PLEASE!

I made one out of foam a coffee and soda can.

I'm working on another blade gauntlet tomorrow.

Do you have pics of these? Iam about to rip my hair out with all the ideas I get that fail before I get anywhere. I go thru what I think could work, build it in my mind bit by bit and then........somthin goes wrong and bam.......Insanity creeping in.....

Don't kill yourself here.First off it toke me only a few hours(Paint).Heres instructions for a foam gaunlett so you wont hurt yourself.

1.Get a coffee can(NOT THE ONES WITH THE HANDLES)Make sure its all cylinder y
2.Get foam and cut into appropriate shape and make a half hole for you arm.
3.Depending on which type you want bomb or blade.Cut slits into the foam for the blades.For bomb go nuts see what you like)
4.Get coffee can and cut in half.Then carefully jab it into the foam.
5.Here I recommend you tape it so it wont come apart easily(Don't paint foam it melts!)By the way after this it can take a hard beating.
6.Get can of soda (I used fanta)Cut in half and make sure nothing jagged is coming out.
7.Once again put into foam at bottom.Pretty much repeat step 4 and 5
8.Paint it!

Finally you have a gauntlet which in my opinion is my budget gauntlet.And Practically inferior to everyone else.But hope this helped I'm making a tutorial on this hopefully tomorrow.

Don't kill yourself here.First off it toke me only a few hours(Paint).Heres instructions for a foam gaunlett so you wont hurt yourself.

1.Get a coffee can(NOT THE ONES WITH THE HANDLES)Make sure its all cylinder y
2.Get foam and cut into appropriate shape and make a half hole for you arm.
3.Depending on which type you want bomb or blade.Cut slits into the foam for the blades.For bomb go nuts see what you like)
4.Get coffee can and cut in half.Then carefully jab it into the foam.
5.Here I recommend you tape it so it wont come apart easily(Don't paint foam it melts!)By the way after this it can take a hard beating.
6.Get can of soda (I used fanta)Cut in half and make sure nothing jagged is coming out.
7.Once again put into foam at bottom.Pretty much repeat step 4 and 5
8.Paint it!

Finally you have a gauntlet which in my opinion is my budget gauntlet.And Practically inferior to everyone else.But hope this helped I'm making a tutorial on this hopefully tomorrow.

Awesome, I just have to get foam.

dude, you could always get some soccer shin guards from walmart for a base. use foamies to complete the wrap around. that's how i made my AoT forearm guards.

dude, you could always get some soccer shin guards from walmart for a base. use foamies to complete the wrap around. that's how i made my AoT forearm guards.

I thought of doin that. I know some people that were into soccer, they might have some spares.

OK new Idea. Iam gunna go with a design like predahawks.

Start out with a shin guard like this--

DSC00269.jpg.gif

But I wanna try making a blade gauntlet. I havent seen too many preds with a blade gauntlet on their left hand, So Iam gunna do that, and make a bomb gauntlet for my right hand. Iam left handed with everything. The main thing I do with my right hand is hold a beer lol.

Now heres the next ?. Do I use block foam and use a good knife to shape the whole thing, or does anyone know what other kinds of stuff I can use?

Predaman857,

You could use the block foam and foamies approach, and put slots for the blades. Or hollow it out so you can drop in a blade mechanism later on

More ideas:
What I did for mine was make it out of leather, three layers.
First layer is the standard bracer like for renaissance faire, that has velcro along the closure and snaps for added security.
The second layer is rivetted to the first, and forms the gauntlet outer layer.
It can be an arched shape for a blade gauntlet, or rectangular for a bomb gauntlet.
The last layer is the decor if desired; this also is rivetted to the first layer.

Here's a picture of my wristblade gauntlet, you can see the first and second layers near the front, with the 4 decor layers over all.... there's a piece to hide the blade mechanism but it kept coming off so I painted the end of the mechanism black:

Img_0568.jpg

My bomb gauntlet is similar; if there wasn't decor on it, I would have cut a flap in the top for the lid.

Leather can be wet and shaped to what you want, and it can be dyed various colors to match the rest of the armor :D

(Tandy Leather Factory is a good source :) )

---
Ei'luj

New update.

I decided on a bomb gauntlet, since to me it seemed easier tham making a blade housing and other bits.

I took an empty yams can (from yesterday) cleaned it and took the label off. My uncle took a pair of tin snips and cut down the middle, we then riveted both ends after putting it on my arm and bending it to shape on my arm (I didnt take pics during this sorry). I wrapped all the sharp edges with duct tape as to not slice my arm or wrist, which would have been very detrimental to this build, not to mention my arm lol.

I then took a pringles can, cut down the middle and took the end off and wrapped it around the can, to add a bit of length.

picture002qv8.jpg.png

i then took a pic of it on my arm, to show how it looks so far and to show the size of my arm lol. Iam a big dude so, everythings gotta be alittle bigger. Plus my arms are kinda long, Iam 6 foot 4 to give ya an idea.

picture003qs4.jpg.png

I got these at a local dollar store, just small container for nails, tacks what have you. They seem to be the right size for the bomb portion, plus the lid I can open and shut. Later i have to cut a piece of wood or some other material to not only keep the two togethor, but to open the lid as one. Iam thinkin of filling the slots with celluclay or something else just under the top of the slots, to give it definition ( and to add buttons or what not).

picture007ei6.jpg.png

I might make the little red letters/symbols from sculpey and glue em on the inside portions. as for the top, Iam open to suggestions.

Predaman,

Hey it looks like its coming along nicely, you got the arm part and the flip lid!

Here's some symbol arrangements, I think they are the right size to use as a paint mask for the lid if you want...

wristcomputertemplate.jpg

and then you can hook up a light to that battery :)

and a switch.....

(yes, you tempted me with that battery :D )

---
Ei'luj

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd253/yautjalady/wristcomputertemplate.jpg[/img]

and then you can hook up a light to that battery :)

and a switch.....

(yes, you tempted me with that battery :D )

---
Ei'luj

Thanks man! The battery was to hold it down while the lid was open lol. But I might do leds now!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back