Firefox MIG-31 movie aircraft

Still working away, 1/12th tailplane, 3 pieces joined together. Had to do some work to get the alignment just so and worked out saving the sanding dust and mixing it with superglue makes a really good filler.

Needs a final primer layer

IMG_20210117_164158.jpg

IMG_20210117_164238.jpg
IMG_20210117_164253.jpg
IMG_20210117_164335.jpg

Jon -
Your version of Detolf sounds far more interesting to be fair, lol.
As the cabinet of choice for most collectors displays these days I thought you may sell more kits with buyers knowing in advance they can display it.
That being said, sign me up for both that and a 1/24 :)
I know its early days but you should also consider a helmeted pilot figure. Will's was nice but the proportions made it look a bit cute.

Anyhow - here's a link to everything I've collated over the last 10 years -
Dropbox - Error

Much of it is random but things like the only surviving example of the large miniature at the WB museum is worth having. You'll also see my Studio 2 buildup having passed it over to a really talented painter friend of mine. The finish was great but I'd sanded the nose down to the point where it was too soft to save.
And has thinkinrussian.org closed? Couldn't find it at all during a search last night.

Anyhow - hope this is of some use and do keep posting your progress here knowing you have your first order in place :)
HI Martin! I know this is pretty old but the link to your dropbox seems to be dead now. I would really love to get ahold of those photos you may have in your drop box, if you still have them. Is there any way you could possibly share them again? Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give.

I wish I was Jeff Bezos. Then I’d leave real space to musk, and give my money to all you brilliant artists so you would never have to work day jobs ever again.

Back in action after having a nightmare sorting a printing issue with my big printer. Upside is I improved the print quality and can now get the second one finshed to halve print times.

Sent you a PM James.

Also I can't get in contact with the guy who wanted the 1/12th kit which is mostly done, so if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Few pics of mine coming together, and one about to go out

IMG_20210603_002648.jpg
IMG_20210603_002730.jpg
IMG_20210603_002751.jpg
IMG_20210603_002825.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210529_170843.jpg
    IMG_20210529_170843.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Hello there,

I have been reading your posts for some months and just wanted to say that I hugely appreciate your artistry on the Mig-31. Absolutely top clas. I am a scale rc enthusiast and have been looking to build a large flying model version of the firefox based around a pair of 120mm schubeler edfs. Would you be interested at all in making any section or pattern drawings available for me to scale up and base a balsa / ply build on? Absolutely appreciate you may not want to share / sell CAD files but would be happy to buy paper one-off section profiles etc and scale these up manually. Its just impossible to find any rc plans for the beast out there.... Best wishes, Dave

Hello there,

I have been reading your posts for some months and just wanted to say that I hugely appreciate your artistry on the Mig-31. Absolutely top clas. I am a scale rc enthusiast and have been looking to build a large flying model version of the firefox based around a pair of 120mm schubeler edfs. Would you be interested at all in making any section or pattern drawings available for me to scale up and base a balsa / ply build on? Absolutely appreciate you may not want to share / sell CAD files but would be happy to buy paper one-off section profiles etc and scale these up manually. Its just impossible to find any rc plans for the beast out there.... Best wishes, Dave
Hi Dave,

I had a quick look at the engines, first thought was how much?!?! Anyway you would need it to be 1/12th scale to fit them in. Which is 63" long 44" wingspan. Don't know much about RC stuff, so what would a max weight have to be to get it flying?

Asking as there are some new strong/lightweight print materials that people are using for RC planes.

Jon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back