Firefly - 1:6 scale Mal Reynolds sculpt

Looks awesome, can't wait to see the final product.

Is it too late to mention that Mal's coat has notches in the collar? :)

19sp3.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zeppo @ Jan 14 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1397246[/snapback]</div>
Must just be the angle, that I can't see them. Just trying to be helpful :)
[/b]
Yup, there... just sitting really high up (maybe even a bit too high, but definitely there). :)

Bought and paid for... should arrive soon. Hope to have some really good news in February... really, really hope so... need some good luck for a change. :)

And thanks guys. :thumbsup

Am gonna check into what materials I need to make the molds this weekend. Got the silicone... now I just got to get my hands dirty and get this sucker molded. OH YEAH... but please be patient... this is not only my first sculpt... it is also my first molding and casting job... so I'm totally green... :confused

Sorry... plans got sidetracked... but cemented for next weekend... unless something comes up. Going shopping Friday and preparations and work will take place on the same day and over the weekend, so I just HAVE to have an update on Monday - or maybe during the weekend, if I'm able to get some time...

I'm excited. :thumbsup

I would say if this is your first time molding something, have a go on something else small first, just so you are familiar with how the stuff mixes, goes off etc.
When you get round to the real deal, have emergency sealing materials on standby, tape or plasticine etc just in case.

SAS

Yes... good advice. Had actually planned all along to try to mold something else first... wouldn't wanna risk ruining my prototype figure, which is fragile enough as it is. :thumbsup

Can't wait to show you progress... really hope it all goes well...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back