FINISHED!! Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

Re: Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

I hope the van stopped!
Did the police get involved? Should be clear cut for insurance.

The van stopped. He only had a cracked headline...jammy *******. I've got a feeling he's gonna deny hitting me. I had no 3rd party witnesses.

Anyhow, being stranded at home I've managed to bodge together some of the box with some faustners, a jigsaw and a lot of filler...

7286769.jpeg

hey Neil,

sorry to hear about the accident, sure glad no injuries!

brad

The van stopped. He only had a cracked headline...jammy *******. I've got a feeling he's gonna deny hitting me. I had no 3rd party witnesses.

But with the damage, it should be obvious to an insurance assessor. Rear-end damage to you and front-end to him.................. his fault

Anyway, great looking box :)

WOW, hadn't checked this thread for awhile sorry to hear of your bad luck. :wacko
But that box is looking great. :) Oh and Neil empty out your PM box :behave can't reply. ;)

Just did Clinton...thanks!

No real updates on this project, I've got the box in primer but that's about it.

0811044.jpeg

There is still a lot of fine filling to be done and some edges need straightening, then I'll make aluminium handles and the detail that surrounds the holes where the ammo belts clip in place. I have the Masa Cirre graphics already, but not the red triangular graphic (I can't work out what it should be)

Wow. I wasn't at all interested in Avatar, but that's a really cool gun design and your reproduction of it is no less than STUNNING. Nice job!

I'm glad your not hurt my friend.looks like the car took a good bashing tho.and the box looks awesome.your talent Is also awesome.you stay safe man.I wish too see many more builds from you.......

I've finally had a chance to get some work done on the ammo box and caseless ammo chain/belt...

The box is finished and painted. I still need to dirty it down and add the red triangular graphic...

8035319.jpeg

Here is the top with the huge rubdowns applied...
8128395.jpeg

The clip details can be removed to allow for the ammo belts to be fitted...
8167766.jpeg

Here is the graphic for the GAUSS 50CAL Needle ammo logo...
8210431.jpeg

And the roughed out pattern for one of the ammo belt links. I'll need to mould this, cast out 25-30 resin copies, join them together, remould and then cast out 3 chains in black self-skinning urethane rubber...
8260678.jpeg

Cheers
Neil

nice detail work.. almost looks 3d printed.. I'm kind of 50/50 on the 3d printing.. nice clean detailing but takes away from skill involved.. unless it's a complex 3-d model you gotta solidworks up

Thanks guys. I'm all for 3d printing, if it's required. I'd still prefer to toil in a workshop that in front of a computer, but I'm learning Rhino at the moment and considering buying one of the HP desktops for my own projects.

I've made a start on the ammo belt, casting out a few copies of the pattern during commercial breaks this evening, as I veged out in front of the TV.

9030445.jpeg

It's worked out pretty well, but I'll probably have to remould the pattern in order to get the 30 that I need to make a 3' chain.

9482022.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back