FINISHED!! Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

Re: Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

maby its just me but i think it says "NLLION" but that are just my eyes. because if you look at the spacing of the letters and between them it works out. also to me you can just make out the bottom part of the first "L".

Q

maby its just me but i think it says "NLLION" but that are just my eyes. because if you look at the spacing of the letters and between them it works out. also to me you can just make out the bottom part of the first "L".

Q

I'm in agreement with Vos, in that it reads NI LION.
Possibly in reference to the power supply?

Thanks. I'm sending the artwork off tomorrow to get my dry transfers printed...can't wait to get them on the gun. I've also remade the pattern for the little black tri-head screw that sits under the ammo release slides. I'll cast 6 of those out. I've got some 1mm PETG for the screen too and a HUD graphic to sit behind it. I'm almost there on the gun now...just the amo patterns and the ammo box to go!

I can never get much done at the weekend these days, but I've managed to fit the wire and the green vinyl screen...

0587648.jpeg

Just dropped by to see how this was going and having a serious nerdgasm!

Have you been playing with it on the Pintel mount pretending to shoot at Ikran? :D

That is a flawless build from beginning to end. Incredible attention to detail.

This thread made me finally join this great forum. Amazing work Neil, simply amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product in due course. Thanks for posting stage by stage, it's awesome to watch the whole process unfold.

Favorite gun from the movie. Awesome build. how did you cut your pvc down the middle like that? table saw?

Great work. I wish I had the skill to do this stuff but I'll leave to the professionals like Neil.

OMG !!! I Love this build !!! :eek:love:love:love:love:love:love :love

Gordon

:$ Thanks guys.

I am picking up my dry transfers on Wednesday for the graphics for the gun and the ammo box. Can't wait.

zanderwitaz...I would normally use a table saw but on this occasion I just ran them through a band saw as it's a good one...I just checked out your blog...nice work mate!

Last edited:

Finally had a chance to apply the transfers. I've just got to mould and cast the tri-head screws and then she's done.

1583372.jpeg

1639279.jpeg

1657768.jpeg

1675475.jpeg

Wow I'm not a weapons guy at all but that looks amazing. Is that a LCD screen in the flip out section or just acrylic? Either way looks great.

I am picking up my dry transfers on Wednesday for the graphics for the gun and the ammo box.!

Who is doing the graphics?

i may need some done at some point.

very authentic looking piece, well done.

-z

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back