FINISHED!! Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

Re: Avatar MBS-9M .50 Cal (Tri-Barreled Machine Gun) WETA

Hi, I will be able to pinch the pivot to hold position by tightening 2 bolts...this will keep it level when displayed.

Wow this gun is sweet! Great job on it so far. I can't wait to see it fully displayed. :)

Easily one of the cooler things I have seen in a while. I wish I had your skills.

You're in luck...:)...I managed to get some workshop time today and I made the rest of the pivot/swivel.

This part is made from chemiwood and attaches to the gun via 2x 6mm thick (100mm long) steel pegs. It has a 15mm aluminium rod running through it, that has been tapped to M6 on either side and is pinned in place with steel studding and 'death glued'. I made up the design of this as I went as I couldn't find any reference for it...
9859207.jpeg

It then bolts to this part (which is made from 4mm aluminium and bolts to the steel swivel I'd made previously)...
9943658.jpeg

Here is is with the gun attached, on what will be the display base once it's sealed and painted...
9991753.jpeg

I'm going to paint the details and weather the underside tomorrow and start the flip-out viewfinder on Thursday, real world permitting.

Cheers
Neil

Last edited:

whats in the box?!!

(brad pitt voice)

whats in the box?!!

i'm nosey :lol

oh THAT box! :)
I thought you were asking about his lunch! :D

I got the majority of the flip screen part made today. I've still got to paint the black bits, add the cable and dirty down before I fit the screen and apply the graphics...

0734970.jpeg

0785652.jpeg

That thing is going to look cool enough to mow down a house...LOL

Vos, this is one of the coolest builds I've seen on the RPF.
You've spared no expense on attention to detail.
Excellent job.

wow! amazing work/thread...

lots of inspiration here! I have no idea how you get your lines so clean and perfect!

Thanks guys. Not much to report today. I did manage to paint the black details on the flip screen and I found some flex that will work as the cable. I've ordered some 1mm solder that I can wrap around the flex.

1772459.jpeg

1917729.jpeg

On a side note, I've almost finished the artwork for the dry transfers, but I'm having trouble reading this...

2061779.jpeg

So far I think I can see:

NI LION
XX AU XX OFF

Can anyone help out?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back