Attachments

• 2A214155-89E5-494C-AAB7-44D4ED895590.jpeg
    2A214155-89E5-494C-AAB7-44D4ED895590.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 85
  • B517EB0E-9B39-45BB-9B56-44960C14992C.jpeg
    B517EB0E-9B39-45BB-9B56-44960C14992C.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 81
these are good to use,or they are uncomfortable
Like Smirkingrevenge said, they’re not comfortable. I mean I imagine if you have strong fit legs they wouldn’t be that bad, but they’re pretty heavy, big shoes. They’re not made for dressing. They’re made to stand inside lakes. And the felt bottom is what makes them bad. They’re slippery. They do make you look almost two inches taller.

Would make sense if the auction jacket is the same one he wore in the scene where Tyler goes to rescue Marla. It does look somehow boxier in those scenes. Although, I can't imagine there being jackets made in different sizes or patterns during production, unless, it was an emergency rush job. One might have got damaged or like Dan says, wet. But the one on display and in the Fox archives, does look slimmer. I'll never chill out about the jacket.

Boots have arrived. They look great. Very lightweight, almost like a converse all star weight with a bit more for the sole, but really nice. They're on the roomy side, so may have to wear 2 pairs of socks with them, but they're very comfortable. Looking forward to getting outside with them.

Attachments

• 20201130_135646.jpg
    20201130_135646.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20201130_135701.jpg
    20201130_135701.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 20201130_135737.jpg
    20201130_135737.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • 20201130_135748.jpg
    20201130_135748.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • 20201130_135804.jpg
    20201130_135804.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • 20201130_135816.jpg
    20201130_135816.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
Would make sense if the auction jacket is the same one he wore in the scene where Tyler goes to rescue Marla. It does look somehow boxier in those scenes. Although, I can't imagine there being jackets made in different sizes or patterns during production, unless, it was an emergency rush job. One might have got damaged or like Dan says, wet. But the one on display and in the Fox archives, does look slimmer. I'll never chill out about the jacket.
It’s funny, man. Lol I went and watched the scene that he walks up the stairs to pick up Marla multiple times. It looks like the jacket he’s wearing is the one in the Fox archives. I compared the lapel creases and folds and they match. Don’t get it. The only thing I can think of is that one jacket was made to look glossy/shiny. Maybe that’s that paint thing they were talking about. Maybe they did it so it can look shiny in the night shots. Same as they do when they wet the streets. So either they switched jackets from the one he’s wearing when he’s walking on set in the daylight candid shot, or they’re the same. Don’t know right now.

What do you guys think of this jacket?
View attachment 1373589
The shape of the collar is still not quite right but you have done a great job of getting the leather to hang and look great! Great sheen!! I think I recall a post of yours with this (or a similar) jacket and I thought wow! If soul can make a replica look like that, I can only imagine what you could make a JAL jacket look like!! Mind sharing your techniques?

Smirk is probably the most knowledgeable when it comes to jackets. Aside from that missing seam on the back which makes the pockets sit father back, the JAL seems to have everything right. A few of the differences I see are the size thing which are 100% because it was tailored to Pitt, and because they were tailored for it to fit comfortably and not fitted, and the other is the leather thickness. It’s like the xmart and screen used jackets were made of a thick hard, leather, but they were sewn to be thin. The sleeves, the label, the collar. They’re stiff, but thin. The jackets JAL makes are more for a person who wants a jacket to be thick and last a long time. I remember when smirk met xmart, and took pics of the jacket. It looked very thin, but stiff. This kind of thing reminds me of the temple of doom Indy jacket. It was made thin and small. Being thin made it distress and fit to Ford’s body. Another thing is the fact that the xmart and Jonny’s original thrift store jacket have felt behind the collar. Do the production jackets have this too? I agree, I’ll probably never be done with the jacket. I just don’t agree that they distressed it to look like the film jackets. More like they made them that way. It makes me appreciate the costume department way more. I do believe that they did something to make the jackets shine. I bought a jacket in the early 2000’s and it was described as a glazed cowhide. What is glazed? I can’t be done with the jacket because it was the costume that they probably put the most work into.

Last edited:
I was just curious what you guys thought of the finish. It's one of my customer's jackets. He added the shine to it and I thought he did a really nice job.He used some product on it. I'll post what it was here in a bit.

I was just curious what you guys thought of the finish. It's one of my customer's jackets. He added the shine to it and I thought he did a really nice job.He used some product on it. I'll post what it was here in a bit.
Definitely too red for me. I like how the pockets are a mix of western design and the Logan design. I'm not sure why everyone wants a shiny jacket, its the last thing on my list of requirements.

He actually owned a soulrevolver jacket first, but said it wasn't red enough. Didn't like the rust color of it. I think people are just trying to match the sheen of the screen used. I'm digging the shine myself.
Screenshot_20201106-015844_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
He actually owned a soulrevolver jacket first, but said it wasn't red enough. Didn't like the rust color of it. I think people are just trying to match the sheen of the screen used. I'm digging the shine myself.
View attachment 1373708
My JAL has this colour and shine. Apart from the creases my jacket looks exactly like this. Mine even has buttons that size as well. Smaller than the usual ones that JAL offers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back