Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Ok so I just called op and spoke to a lady who sounded like it could've been kandi. I didn't inquire about the 523. All I said was that a long time ago in 2000 I has purchased a frame and had the lenses made in a color they called coral. She asked me what frame it was and I said it was the 523 and that I has asked for the color closest to the one used in the film and said that op gave a color they called coral. She automatically jumped at me with saying that the lenses made for the film were called tomato red and that they are a vibrant really red color and that they would make it for me. I said I just wanted to know if they still had that supposed coral color in their archives for me to view. I wanted to show you guys the coral I'm taking about. She said no absolutely not since it's from 2000. I asked if they change up their colors and and not keep old colors and she said yes. They don't have those old colors

Last edited:
hi, i have gone thru previous posts trying to see how i can go about purchasing the blue motocross tshirt, however, the relevant posts are quite outdated. If anyone could point me in the right direction in how i can buy one asap, the would be greatly appreciated.

It is a vintage shirt and it's not available for sale. Soulinertia will be making that shirt sometime in the future

I think they look awesome. I just think and they may only be me and my crazy eye, but the color is so intense so deep. Maybe it was the filtering in the movie or the lighting but the lenses in the film looked more subdued. Softer red. View attachment 372666View attachment 372667View attachment 372668View attachment 372669 They look so much like the coral color I had. A more neutral dull red.

I think movie shots make it hard to tell with the filter. Good example is the color of Brad's hair which was blonde but can look almost brown.

That's why I always thought the color of the lenses in the movie would look darker but instead to me they look light. Like even in dark situations you can see Pitts eyes and see that the tint isn't that dark. Who knows. The lenses color can always be made. The important part is that you guys have the frames

In the shot where Tylers taking the newspaper clippings they look like the tangerine colored lenses that came with mine.
And the greenish David Fincher ontop of that.

I think they look awesome. I just think and they may only be me and my crazy eye, but the color is so intense so deep. Maybe it was the filtering in the movie or the lighting but the lenses in the film looked more subdued. Softer red. View attachment 372666View attachment 372667View attachment 372668View attachment 372669 They look so much like the coral color I had. A more neutral dull red.

I ll have to agree that think the best color I have seen on the op-523's is Danmans coral from a while back. (Danman can you post up some pics of those?) Although, not exactly screen accurate, they have the look and feel that the screen used have (see above) and that is what I am mostly concerned of. I am interested in the jacket (bar scene) and shades the way they look in the movie, not how they look when we see snaps of Brad Pitt walking in the sun. That's just me though and I can appreciate others who are interested in screen accurate pieces identical to the original.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of my old 523's. I looked everywhere and even tried contacting eBay to ask them if they could look into the old auction when I sold them. Nothing. Sucks cause I really wanted I show you guys

I still think we need Xmart to solve this if he has the screen used OP we could see that picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone tried reaching out to him?

- - - Updated - - -

And hell if the color lens he has is different would be cool if he could have it copied at Oliver Peoples.

I'll check tonight and see if I have one saved... I may have downloaded one from along time ago! I probably did because that color was incredible!! I'll let ya know

Was it this red by chance? DSC02834.jpg

Hey Soul, I seen you post a pic with a case of lenses. lens.jpg

What color (name) Are the lens IN the Silver Aeros in the bottom?

Also...

Also, I seen you Post this pic: lens 2.jpg
With this text under it: "The aeros have a greater depth of field being glass rather than the OP-523 polycarbonate. This allows for more green to shine through. Once my eyes adjust I can even see the green of the leaves and grass. There is also a bit of purple in the highlights."

I was told by Kandi at OP and by Rudy at OP that all there colored custom lenses are made of CR39 Plastic. However you talk about these being glass and mention Poly for another. Where did you get the glass lens and what color are the lens in the pic at the stop light?

lens.jpg

lens 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The lenses in the aero at the bottom of that pic are a custom orange color. It has no name, it's just a custom tint that is slightly darker than the tangerine color. Those are the same lenses as in the pics I posted a couple pages back.

I'm not so sure the red lenses I have for the aero are glass anymore. Originally I thought they were, but they might be plastic. Something about them is different than the lenses I had made for the 523 though, because of the noticeable greater depth of color.

That said, I did have Kandi make me a set of lenses for one of my aero frames in the green antique glass color and they are definitely glass. I know because I accidentally dropped one and it shattered.

Hi guys, I actually purchased a pair of the op-523 from the wardrobe department right after the film wrapped,they used five different pairs in the film - I got the slightly smaller pair, the 523s. The lens was a pink to purpleish colour, which I guess changed under the bleach bypass filter- I sold them a few months ago on ebay- but I have pics if this is any use to you.

None of us have seen any 523 sold on eBay in that color and we all check very often. I don't know what you mean about a smaller size 523 considering the 523 was the biggest frame used in the film of the four sunglasses he wore in the film, unless you mean the oliver peoples aero. Yes, upload pics so we can see. The only pinkish purple ish color I've ever seen is the ones I had many years ago. Did you sell them as screen used wardrobe sunglasses?

Dan I think he means the 525's that were on ebay like a month or two ago. That definitely wasnt used in the movie nor was that color.

I'm on my phone so I can't attach pics.

Can you all do an Image Google search and type in: "Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman". There are about 40 pics of Brad with the red/orange lens. They were taking at an event that took place during the time fight club was being filmed.

Do you all think these are the same glasses he wore in fight club?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back