Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Cool Aj. Wow man. So I'm guessing you payed the $900 or above for the new ones you just got right. That's crazy how multiple 523 frames can sit untouched like that

Cool Aj. Wow man. So I'm guessing you payed the $900 or above for the new ones you just got right. That's crazy how multiple 523 frames can sit untouched like that

Yes I did. I figure I could always sell my other ones if I wanted to. I was a little skeptical at first but these are clearly new. I will take some photos because I want to show the red. Like I said it is slightly different. Wont be home tilllate tonight though.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Itsalwayssunny removed two of the 523 models he had up

- - - Updated - - -

Conspiracy lol

Not sure on that. I just got the new version of the big auction house mobile app and well I shouldnt have updated it. When I search for "tyler durden" only gives me 10 hits. It isnt showing most auctions in the search field. The update just cameout today if anyone else uses it dont update yet.

I will post pics tonight of the kinison red. If for some reason I cannot capture the color due to indoor lighting I will make a second post tomorrow.

I just joined this board. I am looking for info on the Aero's that were worn in the movie. Plain and simple, what is the most accurate color Lens of the Aero's used in the film? Also, what color frames?

I spoke to someone at OP, that stated he has been there from the beginning, and he said that ALL the OP glasses that appeared in the film were the same custom red. He said that the costume designers wanted all of them Red to match all the red clothing that the character wore throughout the film. He said that the only reason they appear different shades of red is because of the different lighting in the different scenes. He also stated that Pitt receives every version of glasses that OP makes to promote him to wear them. He said that he received the All the glasses worn in the the Fight Club film, just like all his movies, in just about every color combo. He said in the first Oceans movie he wore the OP Whistle, and you can see him in photos around when the 1st Ocean film was made in different color combos, He said the same goes for the second Oceans as well with the OP Pakalas. He said that you can see in different pics throughout the year that the 2nd Oceans was made and promoted in the OP Pakalas 'cry'. He said the same goes with Mr & Mrs Smith and a lot of his other film.
He assured me that in the Fight Club film Pitt wore Silver Areo's with the same red lens as in all the others, even though Pitt 'himself' has been seen in Gold Aero's with red lens around the same time. I googled and sure enough when Ocean's 1 was made, he wore a brushed metal with a black lens in the OP Whistle in the film, but during a break in shooting and at an award show there are pics of him in the OP Whistle in a Chrome w/ a Purple lens. Same for Ocean's 2 with the Pakalas and Mr. and Mrs Smith with the Nitros and Ocean's 3 with the Strummers. He said about a year ago they sent Pitt about 10 pair of the OP Copter in various colors.

Sorry for all that rambling, After ALL that I have read on this board, I just thought you all would find it interesting. I know everyone loves the OP 523 on here and he told me that the owner had some stored at his house and that he can sell me the originals in gold frames and the silver frames (like in FC) (this was 2 weeks ago) for $900. He said after these are gone OP is done with them. This whole story about the owner finding some at his house and them being done with them after this all sounds all sound alittle goofy, however, weather its true or not doesn't really matter; the bottom line is OP still has original OP 523 if anyone wants them. He did say they dont have many of the Silver left but they do have a pretty good amount of the gold.

Now, Back to the info I need from you guys. Even though the person I spoke with said that all the style glasses in FC were the same red, I just don't know if I agree. I'm not saying the guy is wrong, heck he's probably correct because he knew a lot about the smallest thing with OPs, but I see a little different in the color of reds in the different styles.

So, what I hope everyone can help me with is (All about the Aero's):

1) What Is the closest red in the Aero's? (pics if you have them)

2) Where can I get them (the color). Name of place and phone number?

3) Does anyone have any Aero's all ready with red lens that they would sell me?

I really appreciate you all's help. And I really enjoy reading all your posts and the attention to details and the passion that you all put into this. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing all the info on the Aero's that yall have. I know that there has been debates on this subject for the past 5 years. I am looking for the conclusion that everyone is at right now. I have seen and read several recent things and findings and glasses, but I am getting confused with which style is being talked about. I'm only interesed in the Aero's. I believe I've seen AJRand, Fatal 5150, Danman, and 1 other that sound like they have finally got a pretty accurate color on the Aero's. Please help me out.

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to hear back.

Sorry for the rambling, and I am not going back an rereading my post, so I appologize for any grammar mistakes.

Your guy is wrong about the Aeros. Clearly they weren't red in the movie.

They are another custom color. An orange.

This is the most accurate color, ordered direct from Kandi at OP in the correct silver frames:

20140725_122211.jpg

20140725_122641.jpg

Your guy probably saw my red lens collection (I've posted it a couple different places) and assumed it was for the movie. I do own all the FC frames with red lenses, but I just did it for fun.

RedShadeDisplay3wm.jpg

The Sunset and Aero were never red in the movie. Even the candid shots of Brad wearing his own personal gold pair are a different "burnt orange" color than seen in the movie. I've never seen him in a pair of red lens Aeros.

When brad pitt likes a frame they send him multiples in different colors. Rarely does he wear the different colors. He did with the aeros. The whistle too. The sunset and aero in the film were not red. Pitt may receive every model op makes so he can wear them and promote them, but in the last decade the only op frame I think he's worn is the Strummer in oceans 13 and very recently he was seen wearing the Coptor

Hey Fatal, Which OP does Kandi work at? I appreciate it. I agree with you, the ones in your pic look pretty dang close.
Danman, What color do you believe them to be? Thanks for your help aswell.

I agree with you. The lens in the Aeros and Sunset are not the same as the 523s.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Soul, what are the bottom 523's in that pic? For that matter, what are both of them? The two 523's look distinctly different there.

Hey Soul, what are the bottom 523's in that pic? For that matter, what are both of them? The two 523's look distinctly different there.

Yes the re-released versions had a different bridge and finish on the metal. The different bridge added a slight wrap around to the glasses. I own a total of 4 523's one brand new 2009
that I bought at op, 2 vintage 523 1990's version and one brand new 1990 523 that I got from OP.

The 1990's version fits better on the face in my opinion and looks better. At least it does on mine and obviously thats how it was on brad's too.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I still intend to post the pics of the kinison red... It is extremely hard to show the color difference between the reds at night. One thing though the red in my 523's vs the kinison red the kinison red shows more detail of your eye as it allows more light.

Also i know a couple of you pmed me with questions I wamted to give a detailed response so I will get to you guys. Usually posts like this I type from an iphone why you sometimes see typos hah.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as far as we know OP never made a 1990's version of the 523 past the initial release. Now there is speculation they may have but there hasnt been any proof like an official release statement.

I do find it odd that I acquired a brand new 1990 523 from the owner of OP. It clearly is brand new and has either been kept in mint condition for 15+ years or they lied to me and they recently made it. Either way I am happy I acquired a brand new in that frame 1990 version. I just wonder what it actually is.

I know you said that someone had the exact record of the screen used lenses and that's what they made for you but the screen used lenses TO Me and this just my opinion, looked lighter in tint then the ones you and soul had made. I always said that. The tint level is almost the same as the tangerine but in red.

I know you said that someone had the exact record of the screen used lenses and that's what they made for you but the screen used lenses TO Me and this just my opinion, looked lighter in tint then the ones you and soul had made. I always said that. The tint level is almost the same as the tangerine but in red.

Well Xmart owns the ones used on screen. If he could post a pic we could confirm it.

- - - Updated - - -

He shared his jacket would be nice if he shared that.

People have been wanting these frames since the film came out and calling and emailing and calling and emailing. Now all of a sudden they say that they have these hidden frames that they're now selling for $550 over their original retail price. And again, I been in talks with op since 2000 and I never heard of any Sam kinison red tint. And Aj said he had spoken to the guy who created the color for the film and he never heard of any kinison red. I really call bs on that. I'm not saying they haven't finally made an accurate red closest to what we saw in the film, I'm saying the kinison red info is bs. And I understand they're special frames and that they might have wanted to keep a few in a so called vault but it sucks that they never released this info in almost 20yrs. Oh well. Capitalism at it's finest. Tyler Durden would have a good laugh

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back