Done / Completed Fallout New Vegas Ballistic Fist Resin Kits ***SOLD OUT***

Re: Fallout New Vegas Ballistic Fist & Unique Ballistic Fist Resin Kits

Going to floss my new plasma rifle and pip boy this weekend at connooga in Chattanooga. Showing up at a con with this power fist would be piiiiiiimp

Well, the good news is, progress is continuing. I started smoothing out the master, and I've begun printing the Two Step Goodbye as well.

The bad news is it's going very slow. Very, very cold weather here in Maryland. Too cold for me to work outside.

So, I'll surely keep anybody interested in the loop, but until Spring gets here, it's gonna be a slow ride.

Take your time, cool too see another Marylander btw :)

Take your time, cool too see another Marylander btw :)

Thanks! Yup, good ol' College Park. Just a few minutes away from the University. And just a hop skip and a jump from The Capitol Wasteland. :lol

Yeah, it's gonna be some time. Basically, I'm setting up my projects by printing them now. These, as well as my Power Armor helmets, consist of some very long prints. Some up to 42 hours of printing time. This is not something one wants to make a habit of during Maryland summers, as power outages are not out of the ordinary. In winter, my neighborhood rarely gets outages, so it's the "best season to print".

Obviously, Spring and Summer are more suited for the outside working. I mostly use rondo for my smoothing, so sanding is a "outside only" task around here. That said, the weather will be turning back our way soon, so it's just a matter of time.

Anyhow, in two days I'll have Two Step Goodbye printed out. I'll zap some pics when it's all done and welded together. I will without a doubt be offering both versions. In the meantime I'm also looking into the gloves, they may have to be custom made so we'll see how that goes.

Nice, I drive through the wasteland to get to work :) My powers not too bad, unless it's windy then you definitely are gonna need a UPS ^^

POWER ARMOR HELMETS?! Are you doing a T51b? Do want :<

Nice, I drive through the wasteland to get to work :) My powers not too bad, unless it's windy then you definitely are gonna need a UPS ^^

POWER ARMOR HELMETS?! Are you doing a T51b? Do want :<

Hmmmmmmmmmm. T-51b eh? Yup, I think I'll have you covered. ;)

t51 shell 2.jpg

EPIC! Are you gonna do a run of those too? You doing the other power armors too?

Yup, gonna do a limited run on all the Power Armor helmets. My good friend cassius is modeling them up for me. Right now he's near finishing T-45d. After I finish printing Two Step I was going to begin printing the Hellfire helmet. I have a Power Armor helmets thread over in the Replica Props section, you should check it out! Lots of good renders.

Can't wait until your helmet runs. I might want all 5! I would be all over the ballistic fist too, if I didn't have one already :lol

Yup, gonna do a limited run on all the Power Armor helmets. My good friend cassius is modeling them up for me. Right now he's near finishing T-45d. After I finish printing Two Step I was going to begin printing the Hellfire helmet. I have a Power Armor helmets thread over in the Replica Props section, you should check it out! Lots of good renders.

Can't wait until your helmet runs. I might want all 5! I would be all over the ballistic fist too, if I didn't have one already :lol

same, cept the part of the fist :p I don't have one, does it display well? I feel like it wouldn't look as good as say a plasma rifle or something since it's made to go on the hand :<

..........I would be all over the ballistic fist too, if I didn't have one already :lol..............

Don't forget about good ol' Two Step. ;)

2step.jpg

same, cept the part of the fist :p I don't have one, does it display well? I feel like it wouldn't look as good as say a plasma rifle or something since it's made to go on the hand :<

I always figured it would display better if you put something in the glove to inflate it out, sort of like how it looks as a world object in the game. Seems like it wouldn't look as good as a shelf prop with the glove all limp and flat, especially with the knuckle "trigger" being attached to the glove. I myself plan to have two of each, one meant for display only, where I'll put in something to puff out the glove like there's a hand in it, and one meant for wearing.

I always figured it would display better if you put something in the glove to inflate it out, sort of like how it looks as a world object in the game. Seems like it wouldn't look as good as a shelf prop with the glove all limp and flat, especially with the knuckle "trigger" being attached to the glove. I myself plan to have two of each, one meant for display only, where I'll put in something to puff out the glove like there's a hand in it, and one meant for wearing.

That is a good idea for display. I'm not really a cosplayer so I don't intend to wear one :(

Been working on this the past week, so I figured I'd bump for any additional interest. It does indeed look as though there will be a run for these. Post here if you're interested in getting in on the run. I'll have some update photos in the next week. Still no new info yet on whether these will come with the gloves or not.

I'd definitely be interested pending pricing on the end items. Also very interested in the helmets as I've always wanted a few of those.

I'd definitely be interested pending pricing on the end items. Also very interested in the helmets as I've always wanted a few of those.

I'm interested.

Got you guys down.:thumbsup

I'm out of town at the moment but as soon as I get back I'll post pics of current progress. Did get lots of work done on the main body this past week.

Got you guys down.:thumbsup

I'm out of town at the moment but as soon as I get back I'll post pics of current progress. Did get lots of work done on the main body this past week.

I have a suggestion for you, my man. Include a sheet of decals for the smaller parts of the variant possibly and the gloves. Maybe as an add on?

I have a suggestion for you, my man. Include a sheet of decals for the smaller parts of the variant possibly and the gloves. Maybe as an add on?

By decals, I'm guessing you're talking about the explosion hazard decal on the Two Step variant? Because the regular variant doesn't have any decals.

The reason I bring that up is because nobody has really spoke on any interest in that variant. I will be making it, and it has already been printed, but right now I'm trying to focus on the regular variant before moving on. One thing at a time. ;)

However, yes, the decals for Two Step would be included. The real professional hazard stickers are not hard to find online, it's really a matter of finding the right size. I do believe I found one that is about or very close to the right size, and at the time of the run for that variant, would indeed provide the decals as an add on feature.

As for the gloves, as I've stated earlier in the thread, I'm not making any promises on those. I will try to include accurate gloves in the kit, but they do not appear to be as easy to order (accurate ones anyways) as the caution stickers. It may come down to custom making them from wool GI gloves, and frankly (and honestly) speaking, I have no experience in working with clothing and will not make promises based off of something I've never done before.

I believe that's what's fair and best for anybody getting involved in this run.

If the gloves work out, absolutely will I include them. But, again, no promises.

Anyhow, meant to have some pics ready, but had to go out of town this past weekend so I didn't get near as much done as I wanted. I'll have some pics of the first proto primed up in a couple days.

ballistic fist progress.jpg

Bump for more interest. Got a lot of work done on this part and a couple other parts to the kit as well. Hoping to have the parts ready for casting in the next month.

Looking really good. Shocked there isn't more interest since they announced Fallout 4 is coming. Always enjoyed the artwork of the Fallout games and the prop possibilities.

Holy moly, this is turning out great, im sure you may have mentioned it somewhere already, but what 3d printer did you buy?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back