Fallout 4 T60 Power Armour

Biskt

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Evening everyone!
I'm 3D modelling most if not all of this suit for me and a few friends.
I'm probably going to go for a fiberglass helm and foam suit, with the pipes and fixings being real.
Here's the new version of the T̶4̶5̶-̶d̶ if anyone hasn't seen the trailer. (if you haven't, why are you here? go watch it! (and then come back))

And here's my progress.

Just finished my college course, and i've got plenty of time before I start university, so expect updates often!
thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Re: Fallout 4 T45-d Power Armour

More progress on the helmet model. I'm struggling with the sides, as there's no reference from that angle. I'm staying with a friend next weekend, and our plan is to start the helmets. The E3 gameplay reveal for fallout 4 is on Tuesday morning at 02:00, so I'm hopeful for more reference imagery then, in the meantime, I'll just guesstimate the geometry. To be honest it shouldn't really matter much, this suit is so bulky the sides won't be visible because of the size of the shoulder pads.

It's should be noted that i'll be reducing the polycount and removing the pipes/cables whatnot for pep, I plan on using as much real life bits and pieces as i can.

wow, it's amazing how smooth and accurate you've got it so far! good luck on the rest of your suit :D

Nice, started working on the same project myself! Going to take some screenshots today from the conference - nice looking how you can now customize the suit. look forward to seeing more of yours.
2015-06-13 22.09.11.jpg

this is looking super, very clean looking. do you plan on pepping the cable on the right range finder piece, as it may prove too small to be practical. overall, really impressive. by the way, after watching the E3 demo several times, I think this is actually T-60. looking forward to seeing more!

Damn i want to build one of these, but firstly i need to finish my NCR vet helmet and the t51-b lol...

Poslano sa mog LG-D405 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys. @Rnc88 yeah, i'ts the T60, i'll change the title in a second, and I wont be pepping any of those details, all the detail is just so i could get a feel for the helmet. I'm only using pep for the main body of the thing, more on that in a bit.

So E3 brought with it some fantastic reveals, and most importantly i managed to grab lots of (sadly blurry) screenshots from the trailer(s). using the screenshots i ended up changing the shape of the helmet quite drastically, it seems i had the details spot on, they were just not the right shape/location from the side.

Here's a before and after comparison:

And here's pictures of the 'finished' model. Like I said earlier, I'll be fabricating much of these parts from sheet material/kitbashed bits and pieces.

So that's where i'm at. I'm currently working on sourcing the various pipes and other bits i'll need for this, and drawing up plans just in case i decide to try to make this happen:

Last edited:
This is looking great. I would love to see the entrance mechanism, I can just imagine how cool that would be to see at a con... good luck. Also, the fact that you modded everything means that it will look accurate when finished. Great idea. subbed.

Last edited:
This is frickin awesome to see people working on this suit so quickly, I'm attending my first con in 3 months and I plan on doing a fallout armour in foam (Hopefully I can find T-45b Files) but this is amazing. Good luck with it.

Didn't get as much work done over the weekend as i wanted, but I've made some progress.

I got halfway through unfolding the helmet for pep and decided to go with foam, also I've just seen a reference image that renders a small area of the helmet slightly inaccurate, but for now this will do.

Additionally I've drawn up some designs for some of the mechanical components that will stop the suit from falling over when I step out from it. And i'm looking into the electronics in terms of pricing and plausibility. In the meantime i'll keep working on this:

The sides of the helmet are also complete, but it's dark now and my camera is out of charge.

This is looking great I will definitely follow this. I was thinking of just using the T-45d helmet pep as a base and making alterations where needed. If I could 3d model I would go your route though. Keep up the good work.

This is looking great I will definitely follow this. I was thinking of just using the T-45d helmet pep as a base and making alterations where needed. If I could 3d model I would go your route though. Keep up the good work.

Good thinking, they are remarkably similar, I might try something like that myself.

Still gonna watch this thread closely though. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back