Fallout 4 T60 Power Armour

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Blackout, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

Evening everyone!
    I'm 3D modelling most if not all of this suit for me and a few friends.
    I'm probably going to go for a fiberglass helm and foam suit, with the pipes and fixings being real.
    Here's the new version of the T̶4̶5̶-̶d̶ if anyone hasn't seen the trailer. (if you haven't, why are you here? go watch it! (and then come back))

[​IMG]

And here's my progress.

[​IMG]

Just finished my college course, and i've got plenty of time before I start university, so expect updates often!
    thanks for looking :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Daniel Nelms and Promethean like this.
  2. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

Re: Fallout 4 T45-d Power Armour

More progress on the helmet model. I'm struggling with the sides, as there's no reference from that angle. I'm staying with a friend next weekend, and our plan is to start the helmets. The E3 gameplay reveal for fallout 4 is on Tuesday morning at 02:00, so I'm hopeful for more reference imagery then, in the meantime, I'll just guesstimate the geometry. To be honest it shouldn't really matter much, this suit is so bulky the sides won't be visible because of the size of the shoulder pads.

It's should be noted that i'll be reducing the polycount and removing the pipes/cables whatnot for pep, I plan on using as much real life bits and pieces as i can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLOTHAR and Neuromancer like this.
  3. VrisKCa

VrisKCa New Member

wow, it's amazing how smooth and accurate you've got it so far! good luck on the rest of your suit :D

4. mracole

mracole Active Member

Nice, started working on the same project myself! Going to take some screenshots today from the conference - nice looking how you can now customize the suit. look forward to seeing more of yours.
    2015-06-13 22.09.11.jpg

Blackout and tomvdc like this.
  5. Rnc88

Rnc88 Jr Member

this is looking super, very clean looking. do you plan on pepping the cable on the right range finder piece, as it may prove too small to be practical. overall, really impressive. by the way, after watching the E3 demo several times, I think this is actually T-60. looking forward to seeing more!

6. TK-1776

TK-1776 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking great!

Blackout likes this.
  7. GilliGen

GilliGen Active Member

OMG this is looking sooo good

Poslano sa mog LG-D405 koristeći Tapatalk

Blackout likes this.
  8. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

Double post :p

9. GilliGen

GilliGen Active Member

* i want to build one of these, but firstly i need to finish my NCR vet helmet and the t51-b lol...

10. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

Thanks for the comments guys. @Rnc88 yeah, i'ts the T60, i'll change the title in a second, and I wont be pepping any of those details, all the detail is just so i could get a feel for the helmet. I'm only using pep for the main body of the thing, more on that in a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So E3 brought with it some fantastic reveals, and most importantly i managed to grab lots of (sadly blurry) screenshots from the trailer(s). using the screenshots i ended up changing the shape of the helmet quite drastically, it seems i had the details spot on, they were just not the right shape/location from the side.

Here's a before and after comparison:

[​IMG]

And here's pictures of the 'finished' model. Like I said earlier, I'll be fabricating much of these parts from sheet material/kitbashed bits and pieces.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So that's where i'm at. I'm currently working on sourcing the various pipes and other bits i'll need for this, and drawing up plans just in case i decide to try to make this happen:

[​IMG]

CLOTHAR likes this.
  11. Rnc88

Rnc88 Jr Member

This is looking great. I would love to see the entrance mechanism, I can just imagine how cool that would be to see at a con... good luck. Also, the fact that you modded everything means that it will look accurate when finished. Great idea. subbed.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  12. Gideono

Gideono New Member

This is frickin awesome to see people working on this suit so quickly, I'm attending my first con in 3 months and I plan on doing a fallout armour in foam (Hopefully I can find T-45b Files) but this is amazing. Good luck with it.

13. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

Didn't get as much work done over the weekend as i wanted, but I've made some progress.

I got halfway through unfolding the helmet for pep and decided to go with foam, also I've just seen a reference image that renders a small area of the helmet slightly inaccurate, but for now this will do.

Additionally I've drawn up some designs for some of the mechanical components that will stop the suit from falling over when I step out from it. And i'm looking into the electronics in terms of pricing and plausibility. In the meantime i'll keep working on this:

The sides of the helmet are also complete, but it's dark now and my camera is out of charge.
    [​IMG]

kingpookey, tomvdc and GilliGen like this.
  14. SGT Skylor

SGT Skylor New Member

Nobodies posted it here yet, but this render was leaked not too long ago.
    Hope it helps with your build. T-60b.jpg

Promethean, Vrogy and GhostMinion like this.
  15. Dragonmaster525

Dragonmaster525 New Member

I've got files if you need them.

16. Gideono

Gideono New Member

You have foam files for a T-45d?! That would be very kind of you and be a life saver for me :)

17. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon New Member

Nice work on the file. Is this going to be available to the public at any point?

Thanks, keep up the good work.

18. wisemonk5421

wisemonk5421 New Member

This is looking great I will definitely follow this. I was thinking of just using the T-45d helmet pep as a base and making alterations where needed. If I could 3d model I would go your route though. Keep up the good work.

19. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon New Member

Good thinking, they are remarkably similar, I might try something like that myself.

Still gonna watch this thread closely though. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

20. wisemonk5421

wisemonk5421 New Member

Would you be willing to share this pep file by chance?

21. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

If someone did a run for just the helmet, I would be so on that. Nice work.

22. nate2297

nate2297 New Member

Love the build so far, any chance you would release the pep files?

23. Warhelmet

Warhelmet New Member

Wow awesome job! Can you, please, share 3d model? That would be great! Keep up the good work and good luck on project!

24. imonafalcon

imonafalcon Member

This is amazing!

25. ApophisV

ApophisV Active Member

Awesome to see people really are going to build this huge beauty! I love the attention to details you are showing, especially considering there are so little resources available for now!

A tiny side note: The rear half of the helmet seems to slide up during the opening sequence, you should consider this when adding the side hoses to the helmet. The blurry side view screenshot you posted shows a different attachment method. You seem to plan to attach the hoses similarly to a T-45d, but this might restrict the sliding / opening mechanism (in case you are planning to do it like it works in game).

Nonetheless great work so far! Looking forward to your progress! :)

26. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

Im a mechanical engineering student at rowan university and i just started making an exoskeleton internal frame for the new armor. im planning on using some arduino micros to create the actual movement and opening you see the power armor do in the game-play trailer. ill send you pics of what i have right now. ive been scouring the web for pep files so i do a couple tests using hobby and micro servos. i'd love to get in on this with you and make some working power armor! ill be happy to show you how to and what you need for the exoskeleton. :)
    11822746_876540275734927_4572648877967531004_n.jpg 11831718_876540252401596_2406940061959341230_n.jpg 11866231_876540305734924_3997569949302768063_n.jpg

And for those who want to study the motion of the suit better, here ya go! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    ApophisV likes this.
  27. Vault111

Vault111 New Member

Wow, this is starting to look great man! I hate to be repetitive and asking just like everyone else, but could you maybe share that model with us? I've been looking for a FO4 project lately, and would love to get started on one of these as soon as I could.

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work :D!

28. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

I thought i'd post some progress pictures on the exoskeleton/ framework for the armor and mechanisms.
    11233335_879664638755824_1029404858340064144_n.jpg 11831676_879664385422516_1774702223576472482_n (1).jpg 11846644_879664612089160_3714044868225050016_n (1).jpg 11885317_879664665422488_6057262197000358831_n.jpg 11891091_879664325422522_7033111913905722048_n.jpg 11899962_879664722089149_5421121928147410689_n.jpg

29. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

What are those silver coloured parts that join the pvc piping?

30. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

They are heated 3/4 inch universal socket joints pressed into 1/2 inch PVC

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

31. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

From a socket wrench set? That seems to be the only type I can find, and they are quite expensive, and you appear to be using loads.

32. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

You can also 3d print them. I was able to find them cheap. The other thing is a gas spring piston/ lift assist piston found on heavy duty tool boxes such as those for truck beds. These will keep the suit freestanding when not worn but still allow for movement when worn. Im using 100N piston bit anything down to 80N should be enough to hold up the structure with foam and cardstock armor.

You can also create a ball joint for the PVC by heating the pipe and pressing a plastic ball or bead into it. Be sure to droll a whole in the bead and put a screw or bolt through it first.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  33. Scifideity

Scifideity Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What is the total count of 3/4 inch universal socket joints needed? Harbor Freight often sells stuff like that pretty cheap.

34. TravisBiro

TravisBiro New Member

Sorry to bother you but are you able to send the files to me?

35. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

Use any size you would like as long as they are only slightly too big to slide into the 1/2 inch PVC. You'll need at least 2 for the shoulders and 2 larger for the hip joint. I used 1 inch for the hip joint because they press nicely into any PVC joint 45 or 90 for 1/2 inch PVC pipe. Its not necessary for the elbow or knee joints however you will get better range of motion. Im in the process of finishing drawings detailing the assembly ill post them soon.
    For reference check out my earlier photos. :)

36. GilliGen

GilliGen Active Member

This is looking awesome so far, can't wait to see the final product, keep it up man :)

37. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

Here's some of my initial drawings and another treat for those following. Blackout and I are working hard on this. More updates coming soon. uploadfromtaptalk1439930879113.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1439930894390.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1439930909475.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1439930920167.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1439930927693.JPG uploadfromtaptalk1439930941124.png

38. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon New Member

Ah that makes sense. I thought you were just hijacking his thread. :p

Nice work as always guys.

To everyone else: We've asked for the files about 6 times now. If he plans to let the files go public I'm sure he will let us know. There's no need to keep asking for them.

39. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

[URyo

L]it[/URL]

40. Vaultboy111

Vaultboy111 New Member

Could you guys post the files on here? It would help alot! Like the 3d model and the Pep file?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  41. ApophisV

ApophisV Active Member

There aren't any files yet, a few guys are working on models, but nothing finished, nothing released yet, as far as I know. IMO best resource is the leaked render file showing the armor from different angles (use google image search to get the high res version!) and whatever is shown in the various videos from Bethesda... But I guess the files will be available shortly after the release in november, so you got two options, wait a few weeks or free hand that beast!

42. Vaultboy111

Vaultboy111 New Member

I ment for the helmet lol, I see that those are done and that's actually all I needed. I'm actually work on the frame and I planned of free handing the body when I finished the frame. Im planning on getting the action figure that Threezero is making with bethesda, it looks like the figure is customizable. Here, hopefully these pictures help a little t45-02.jpg t45-01.jpg t60-01.jpg t60-02.jpg

43. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

Thats kinda what blackout is going for hence the exoskeleton part. We'll be starting up again soon I believe

44. TBNOTW

TBNOTW New Member

can i get a copy of this when your done i been look to build one myself but cant find any 3D models any where online

Edit: ok i see people keep ask for the files sorry but are you going to show the plans on how to build the exoskeleton i kind want to try to do that to

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  45. jellis359

jellis359 Jr Member

There are drawings of the exo for now I haven't had the time to make a 3d model. Placement of servos has to come after the armor panels are finished standard hs311 servos are your best bet. You'll probably need between 10 and 18 of them

46. StuntManTrev

StuntManTrev Member

Started working on the t-60 power armor . I figure start with the boots and work my way up . Luckily last year before avengers 2 came out I was working on a hulk buster suit . However it was the comic version . When movie pics started coming out I stopped building it . I only had the boots done . Well I figured these could work perfect for the t-60 with some modification. So I'm currently fixing those up , also got a good start on building the shins , completely free hand . But since the boots were done I had something to build off of and scale off of . image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

GilliGen and ApophisV like this.
  47. Zerios

Zerios New Member

Someone of you have the 3d models of the armor? You think you can extract them from the game in someway? If you get the 3d models i can unfould all of them on pepakura and share them

48. RadLee

RadLee New Member

49. StuntManTrev

StuntManTrev Member

CLOTHAR likes this.
  50. P4r4dox86

P4r4dox86 Well-Known Member

I'm halfway through extracting and pulling apart the game files. Seems someone beat me too it lol, although he is missing some of the parts that are on the 'Frame' file underneath the main armour parts. I'm trying to cut and connect those pieces on to the main armour bits as well where they show through to make a single file for each piece. I have a shoulder, a forearm, a bicep, the torso/cod, and helmet thus far. Still gotta sort out the legs and boots, then clean things up a bit and unfold.

Contec likes this.