Falconer Bio sculpt...

munson

I wanted to take a break from sculpting some parts for my custom suit, and wanted to tackle a bio that I attempted to sculpt a few months prior, the Falconer bio. The first bio sculpt ended when my armature failed [due to poor construction on my part]. After obtaining a gen. 1 half mask and some tips from xdmray [as well as his permission to use it], I made a new armature. So, again I'm going to take a shot at the Falconer bio, this time in my own interpretation though. I'm hoping to have the sculpture finished and molded within two weeks.

On with the pic's.

falconerbio1.jpg

After about 5 hours, so far completed by hand and one tool. [Feb. 5th]

falconerwithtusky1.jpg

Next to my Custom Tracker bio, sculpted by Hez. [Feb. 5th]

falconerbio2.jpg

Still a considerable amount of work left, but I don't think it's turning out too bad. About 4 more hours. [Feb 7th]

falconerrightprofile1.jpg

Right side profile picture. [Feb 7th]

Thanks for viewing!
Sorry for the bad pics, taken with my cell.

thats looking pretty sweet so far. whats ur reference? the sideshow pics??? good look with it

I'm using a barrage of reference pics from the sideshow version, movie pics here on the lair, and even the hot toys falconer predator. I took some stills of the youtube video discussing the SS falconer bio.

looks like you did a great job with the armature. good luck with this sculpt. i wouldnt want to have to do all those straight lines.. yikes.

it's looking really good so far though man.

Very stoked to see someone finally attempt to sculpt this guy. I love the design of it (Damn naysayers, lol). Keep it going, brother!

looks like you did a great job with the armature. good luck with this sculpt. i wouldnt want to have to do all those straight lines.. yikes.

it's looking really good so far though man.

Thanks! Yea, the straight lines on it are a challenge, especially the "beak" of the bio. I'm starting the eyes tonight and I'm not looking forward to it.

Very stoked to see someone finally attempt to sculpt this guy. I love the design of it (Damn naysayers, lol). Keep it going, brother!

Thanks. It's one of my favorite bios overall. Just like the Tracker bio, it's completely different then what we've ever seen before and I'd like to say that it's the most unique movie bio to date.

Its not my fav...but kudos for having the kahonies to sculpt one of the most complex Bios out there. The lines are so damn straight and symmetrical that you're gonna have your work cut out for you thats for sure. Looks good thus far tho...

Its not my fav...but kudos for having the kahonies to sculpt one of the most complex Bios out there. The lines are so damn straight and symmetrical that you're gonna have your work cut out for you thats for sure. Looks good thus far tho...

Thanks. I think the eye locations are going to be the trickiest parts of the bio. I'm having a blast working on it.

Nice. Any progress on this? Will be nice to see your take on it.

Not too much as far as the updates go, at least not really worth posting pics yet. I did add the other "wing" to the right cheek, took some clay off of the front of the dome, made a section of the rim around the dome a bit wider and worked on the rear section a little. Other then that, I'm measuring out the size of the eye sockets/location. I'm hoping to have some photo updates within 2-3 days. The SS version comes out on Feb 16th I believe, and although I'm not rushing it, I would like to have it molded and cast by that date [or at least around that date].

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated!

Awesome build coming along so for buddy, u got the right shape going on there...
I know alot of people hate the new Super Pred bios, but look at it this way...every predator isn't obivously the same...they all have their own unique apperance in terms of asthetics. It gives them total originality. I love em.

Update time!

I did more work to the left [right if you're looking at it] side of the face of the bio. I also did more work to the rear of the bio as well. Still a lot to go, but so far I'm really liking it and the more I work on it and see it further grow, the more I like it and can't wait to mold/cast it.

A small list of some of the mod's I did to the bio are:

I changed the eyes out and am using a more "Wolf Bio" eye. I really like those and believe they look aggressive. I shortened the length of the face of the bio [at the bottom]. I did this so that it would be easier to wear with a skin and armor. With the flanges hanging of the side, I'm worried that it may be too wide/long and would clip the armor.

Now on to the pics.

falconerbiofeb102.jpg

Feb. 10th.

falconerbiofeb101.jpg

Feb. 10th. It took me about 3-4 hours overall to sculpt the right side of the face [including re-sculpting/altering it after I didn't like the way I initially had it]. I imagine that it will take me even longer to sculpt the other side of the face, seeing that I have to mirror certain areas.

falconerbiofeb103.jpg

Feb. 10th.

Thanks for viewing! I'm giving myself a deadline of Feb. 16th and I hope to have the sculpt finished, molded, and cast by then.

hey dude. it looks really good from the first two pics. but, the profile seems off for some reason. the mouth area seems like it should protrude more and have more of an angle on the jaw line.

idk, it might be right, i have to look a falcon in profile... but just from these pics it seems ,... off.

the lines are coming along really nicely.. look pretty damn straight.

EDIT:

i looked around for a good profile pic but didn't see one, so i'm sorry i can't illiterate better.

hey dude. it looks really good from the first two pics. but, the profile seems off for some reason. the mouth area seems like it should protrude more and have more of an angle on the jaw line.

idk, it might be right, i have to look a falcon in profile... but just from these pics it seems ,... off.

the lines are coming along really nicely.. look pretty damn straight.

EDIT:

i looked around for a good profile pic but didn't see one, so i'm sorry i can't illiterate better.

Thanks Daman. I think I know what you mean. The angle of the bottom of the bio. A good portion of the pics came from here [I downloaded and printed them out]:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400045

I tried to match the angle of the bio [looking at it from above] to the best of the SS piece, considering that I couldn't find a picture from the movie where we're looking down at the bio. In the profile shot, I did change the angle of the bio. To me, the only part that I didn't like about the bio is that it seemed to "flat" on the from. By flat, I mean if you look at it from a profile shot, the front of the bio almost seems vertical. In my opinion, being a "Falcon" based predator, I thought that the bio should still be more sleek, like the shape of a falcon's head. That's the biggest change I did to the bio. The only source I could find of really good side shots [before Darth posted Saber's pic links] is from the SS YouTube [link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1RFeOxNfns] video where they discuss the bio. If you stop the video at :45 and 1:03 you'll see two profile shots. Those are the two I used as a reference in the sculpt.

Later tonight I'm going to take two pictures of it as it would look on your gen 1 half mask. I'll have the half mask in from of the sculpt and I'll hold the sculpt to match the angle that the half mask is on. I'll have a profile and front picture up later.

Darth, thanks for the pics, greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the comments guys, it keeps me motivated to finish this guy up!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back