Falconer Bio sculpt...

Nice work Doug. I always enjoy seeing clay come to life and you are making it happen. You're using that Aves clay right? How hard is it? Do you find your fingers are really sore after? The reason I ask is that thats the only clay I can find here locally.

Nice work Doug. I always enjoy seeing clay come to life and you are making it happen. You're using that Aves clay right? How hard is it? Do you find your fingers are really sore after? The reason I ask is that thats the only clay I can find here locally.

Thanks Jay! I'm actually changing some of the lower beak part of the bio. I made it a bit longer and changed the angle of it. I wanted to do this after I saw some of the pics from sabers photobucket.

As for the clay, I use the Van Akin oil based. It didn't say how hard it was, but if I had to guess I'd say a medium. It's more firm once you purchase it and after time and being warm from using it, it softens a little. To me, it holds up pretty well. I usually move my sculpt from my hobbie area to in front of the TV to watch a predator movie while I sculpt. I can touch the clay and as long as I don't push firmly, it holds it shape. There might be a little bit moved from my fingers, but not much. My hands don't get sore. The other night I spent about hours on it [not straight, so I'd say about 3] sculpting and my fingers were fine afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys. I need some assistance on the sculpt as far as the "texture" goes. It doesn't seem completely smooth all around. It doesn't look "P1 smooth", but somewhat smooth on the top of the bio, around the sides by the crown, and by the eye locations. The textured areas seem to be on the very nose part, the rear part of the bio [the two parts sticking up], all the parts below the eye location, and the flange on the sides of the face.

What do you guys think?

Well, besides sculpting the tri-laser unit, I'm calling this one complete...finally! I added some pounded metal texture to the area's below the eyes and on the very top of the bio [hopefully you can see it in the pics]. I'm ordering the rest of my supplies and I'm off to molding. I'm praying that the molding process and casting process go smoothly, as I'm very anxious to get this cast.

Sorry for the bad pics and angles of the pics, they were taken with my cell. I'll try and get better ones up possibly tomorrow.

Now on to the pics:

falconerbiopics005.jpg

You can somewhat see the texture.

falconerbiopics008.jpg

Really shows the angles nicely, not the greatest angle, isn't straight on.

falconerbiopics002.jpg

I tried to take a pic having the same angle of a reference pic of the Falconer bio.

falconerbiopics009.jpg

Profile pic.

Thanks for looking and for the motivation and helpful tips!

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and take some better pics later and compare it to the movie and sideshow pics [just for kicks].

Well done. I never noticed before how much the lines on the muzzle area appear to lengthen the sculpt. Looking at the profile it seems like it's proportioned in the same range as all the others, but from the front there's an illusion of it being really tall.

The more I see of this sculpt, the more I like the Falconer bio overall.

Well done. I never noticed before how much the lines on the muzzle area appear to lengthen the sculpt. Looking at the profile it seems like it's proportioned in the same range as all the others, but from the front there's an illusion of it being really tall.

The more I see of this sculpt, the more I like the Falconer bio overall.

Yea, some pics do that. I should have taken a better pic of the front though. Thanks for the compliments.

Hey bro let me know if you are selling those.Nice job

I'll be more then happy to cast one up, but I want to get it molded and cast to see how they turn out before I promise them. I never molded before and I want to make sure it comes out okay.

Awesome job, must have been a bitch to get all those lines in the correct places.

now the easy part of painting :rolleyes:

Yea the lines were a challenge, and to get them straight I used craft sticks [Popsicle sticks]. They worked out great. I can't wait to start painting it, but first comes the real tricky part.....molding and casting it. Hez has been a great help with molding information and, in a way, I hope not to let him down with molding it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back