Falconer Bio sculpt...

ok that vid showed it really well. i think the chin needs to come out a bit further, so that the nose/mouth has the slight concave curve.

thanks for posting the pics.

You know... im going to be honest.. for a while... i despised this bio... but the more i see the detail... and see doug sculpt this bad boy up... the more i like it. :) Look what you've done doug! :( haha

Here's the pic's I promised of the profile and front view alongside xdmray's gen 1. half mask.

falconerbiofeb105.jpg

Falconerbiofeb104.jpg

I should have some steady hours to work on it tonight and some more hours Sat. night as well. I might have some time tomorrow night too. I'm starting something new as well, I'll post them up hopefully tomorrow!

Again, thanks for viewing and you comments!!!! Greatly appreciated!!!

HEy Muns. The eyes look meaner.

Here something might help:
Ultraman Zero a new one for 2011 and he's got a meaner profile:

xnrac1.jpg
ultramanzero.jpg.png

ultraman-seven-son.jpg
4218416244_823bfdd8da.jpg

ultramanzero.jpg

Hey bud. Lookin AWESOME!!! Looking at that front on shot... and it just might be the angle. But down near the bottom looks a little wide to me. I'm thinking it needs to be tapered inwards a little more down at the bottom of the bio. I could be wrong of course but from what I can recall. It's coming along sooo nice man!!!

Hey bud. Lookin AWESOME!!! Looking at that front on shot... and it just might be the angle. But down near the bottom looks a little wide to me. I'm thinking it needs to be tapered inwards a little more down at the bottom of the bio. I could be wrong of course but from what I can recall. It's coming along sooo nice man!!!

I see what you mean concerning the front shot. The shot isn't a full front shot, and I'll take one and post it later. The angle isn't as much as the SS or movie version.

The dimensions of the bio are:

From the furthest rear part to the tip of the bios beak it's about 21.5".
From the widest part of the crown it's about 12"
On the widest part of the bio [at the top of the "flange"] it's 11"
The narrowest part of the bio [at the base of the flange"] it's 9".

The only bio I have to compare it to is my Tracker bio, and it's very close in overall size.

No photo update, but I pretty much finished the eye socket on the right side of the bio. It took me three different times sculpting it to get it to where I'm pretty happy with it. I'll have some hours to put into it tonight and hopefully I'll be able to detail it tomorrow night and then start molding Sunday. I am going to take a break from the bio and start another sculpt tonight too.

Will have some pictures late tonight.

Pretty much 90% complete as far as the sculpting goes. I need to tighten up some area's and add some detail in. I should have the bio sculpt completely finished tomorrow and I hope to start molding/casting earlier this week.

Now onto the pics [sorry for the poor quality, picture were taken with my cell]:

FalconerbioFeb13th.jpg

Feb. 13th

FalconerbioFeb13th3.jpg

Feb. 13th

FalconerbioFeb13th1.jpg

Feb. 13th

FalconerbioFeb13th2.jpg

Feb. 13th

I'm really happy with how it's turning out. Thanks for viewing!

it's looking great,it must be difficult to get those straigt lines on o_O

Yea, I still want to get them straighter. I used craft sticks [Popsicle sticks] to get the lines straight.

looking awesome now.... bet ur itching to get it moulded up

Believe me I can't wait to get it molded, but at the same time, I'm very nervous to mold it considering that I never molded anything before.

Thanks for the comments guys, not too much left to go.

Well, it's looking AWESOME, brother! Can't wait to see your finished sculpt!

I hate to say it, but I'm so damn anal that I'd be "forced" to go the Carl-route and mold it, cast it in resin, bondo and sand it until it's freakin' perfect...

Well, it's looking AWESOME, brother! Can't wait to see your finished sculpt!

I hate to say it, but I'm so damn anal that I'd be "forced" to go the Carl-route and mold it, cast it in resin, bondo and sand it until it's freakin' perfect...

Yea, I'm getting to be the same way. I'm going to go over every inch of it and try to make it as perfect as possible. I know it's not an "exact replica" of the movie bio, but I like the alterations I did to it. I guess it's more of a "Munson Falconer" then just a "Falconer" bio.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back