I love your build! I'm astounded that you got the look you did with the straight plastic from the factory. Just amazing.

I'm in the US so the DeAgostini Falcon hasn't been available for some time, but Fanhome is starting it up again so I will be getting my first issue in a few weeks. Also just ordered the correct fast drying oil paints. I have longer drying oils I use for weathering and washes but I've never done anything like this. I can't wait to try it.

I may experiment with primer and base color then sealed with a gloss coat and see if that will take your oil technique. Not for the Falcon, but there are some other models where I'd love to try this technique but they have to have a base coat.
Thanks, it’s as effective as traditional methods

I tried this on one of the mandibles of the Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon and over the Tamiya primer and paint it worked like a charm.

I need to go back through this thread and see how DARKVIEW managed the colored panels. I can't remember if he repainted them after and then reweathered or what. I'm planning to paint all of the parts of the Falcon with the Tamiya primer and paint and then weather with the oils, but I'll need to test the Archive-X paints I have for the panels to see if they can withstand the oils as well. Fun times!
Keep looking..it’s all there, also I vide on YouTube…type HUNK OF JUNK & it should find it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back