Factory Entertainment SDCC booth

That medical tricorder is a HARD PASS for me. If they had done either one it would be tempting, but mixing the versions to make their own version is a definite no for me. When you pay the kind of money it's going to cost, it should be a lot more accurate than that.
I posted a question on their FB page, asking whether they were going to address some of the disparities between their prototype and the Mark VII…no response as of yet. I have a Rodd.com kit I’d be happy to offer them if it means they can make the body more accurate.
Can't wait for that '97 Neuralizer replica!
Same! Preordered it on day 1!

Sean

That motion picture Enterprise is for sure a Polar Lights kit,the Excelsior seems to have been 3D printed and it sounds like the D is derived from a model built for Picard. I can’t tell if the D is the commercial kit,it seems larger and smoother. Happy for folks with that money,but sheesh,it’s a pile of cash,and I like the building part thankfully.

If the refit is the off the shelf kit then their price is extra absurd. A pro built commission would in fact probably be far better, and you could request exactly how you wanted it. And I might bet get it sooner. There are people with stupid amounts of money for this and I don't fault them if they bought one one bit, because $20K to some is like the $20 bill in our pocket to us. Yet even if I won the lotto, not sure I could mentally get passed some things. LOL

Agreed commission a pro built one they way you the version to be. For 20K I can get a pro built done and use the rest to buy a used car. Yes many out there have deep pockets but staring at a display. I wouldn’t see the Enterprise in a display in my eyes there is cash in that case I can’t spend. Anyways if someone buys one of these built ship hopefully they do a review and share their finding pros and cons. They look great, but for 20K I can buy a lot more collectibles though :)

It's a real shame about that Franken-corder. I would have loved an accurate Mark VII Medical Tricorder, but so many details are off, from the Mish mash of VI and VII details to the sounds, especially the peripheral scanner and that horribly inaccurate beeping it makes.
They say it is a prototype but if they've got those kind of details wrong now when there is SO much reference out there that I don't see them making drastic changes before committing to cutting steel on the molds.
It's not like FE are fans working from screencaps.
Hope for the best.

I don't know how I feel about them making some of the replicas out of metal, like the Tricorder and Assault Phaser. When MR did the TOS Phaser and First Contact Tricorder in metal I was really happy with the way they felt but the more that I think about it, in the 22nd or 23rd centuries I would expect them to use some sort of wonder material that was both lighter and stronger than metal, like carbon fiber is today.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back