Factory Entertainment Noisy Cricket

Anyone who went to SDCC got to try out the Noisy Cricket? In one of the videos on their Facebook page, it looks like at least one person got to handle it.

Anyone who went to SDCC got to try out the Noisy Cricket? In one of the videos on their Facebook page, it looks like at least one person got to handle it.

I did!
641759e7-57f9-4cad-9327-ba3695b50867_zps47ce1d99.jpg

Here's the deal.

It holds together quite wonderfully. Didn't feel like it was going to fall out of my hands at all. When you pull the hammer back, the LED lights actually go on in sequence from the rear of the grill all the way to the front. Once all the lights are on, it starts making it's "cricket" noise. When you pull the trigger, the LED area gives off a bright flash while a bang sound is heard. After that, the cricket is essentially off making it a "single shot" gun. Even though pulling the trigger doesn't jolt the hammer back, I would hardly call that a downside since putting it back after discharging it would still look awesome even if that was how it really worked.

One thing I noticed about the replica that I never noticed before was that it had what I assumed was a charging port at the bottom of the grip. At first I thought it was meant to be like the charging port on the MIB2 Neuralyzer that was never noticed by any of the toy makers until a Factory Entertainment employee told me what it actually was. Turns out that the actual prop of the Noisy Cricket had wires running to a tiny squib hidden inside the barrel where the LED lights are on the replica. Will Smith would have a wire running up through his sleeve connected to port underneath the grip and when he pulled the trigger, the squib would go off giving him something to react to. Turns out this function was never used since the film was shot in a way that the Noisy Cricket was never shown on screen when it actually fired. When Factory Entertainment got hold of the actual prop and disassembled it, the squib was still inside and intact! I made the suggestion that since they do such a fantastic job at making videos showcasing their replicas, they should make one for the Noisy Cricket, explain what that port is, and to commemorate the occasion, actually detonate the squib itself outside of the prop in a safe environment to show that they finally used an unused function of the prop. Of course I think they would rather save the squib than detonate it, and since the bright flash of the LEDs in the barrel are meant to replicate the unused effect. Pretty cool.

Overall, definitely getting this over ED-209!

04f6bea0-dfb3-4e3d-b74c-7ff5031a74ce_zpse0c6bb1f.jpg

WOW! I cant believe i missed this for so long!! 2 weeks ago?? I must have missed the email but I dont remember seeing anything :( So will this be the only version this time around??

They got the dimensions of the barrel correct. It was a much smaller diameter barrel in the first movie. Icons did a cast and it shrunk, making their look a bit anorexic. I like the blue color as well, just for the effect it has. A bit pricey, but given inflation, a nicer display and I am sure the studio cost, it something to expect I guess.

Well, here it is.

ED-209 vs. Noisy Cricket

WINNER..... Noisy Cricket!

First Replica I've ever ordered on a payment plan. Darn you Comic Con for draining me, but thank you for helping me decide which $400+ item to get. And by "thank you comic con", I of course mean thank you to everyone at Factory Entertainment's booth.

Here is a short vid of the cricket from Comic Con. Still wish the lights were green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDNVyZi0VbA

The firing sound sounds like they used the Neuralyzer sound and cut it short.
After watching that video, I had to re-watch the Noisy Cricket scenes in both movies, naturally.
Without getting in to too much details, all I can say is that the sounds are pretty close and it's a mesh of MIB and MIIB.
But I wished the "winding down" sound effect was used instead of the sound effect ending abruptly.

When I asked about if the hammer had any movement on the actual prop, they said it didn't. One of the guys at the FE booth (I hate forgetting named) was able to see the ICONS replica of the Cricket and was curious about the same question. Unfortunately, the hammer was made out of a very weak plastic, so the mere pull of the Cricket's hammer snapped it off.

Any word on when the noisy cricket will be finished/shipping out? The website says q4 2013 but we're nearing the end of it.

Thanks guys. Well it's a shame it wont be making it in time for Christmas then. :(.

Oh well, still anxiously looking forward to it! I hope they will continue making MIB props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called FE the other day. Barry says they're on the boat, scheduled to arrive Feb 14. Add to that customs processing time, we're looking at late Feb, early March. To be honest, I'm okay with the wait, I spent way too much money during the holiday season.

He said he's hoping they can do the Series 4 Deatomizer when I talked to him months ago. Anyone heard anything about it? Been waiting for years to get my hands on that gun.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back