Factory Entertainment MIB 2 Neuralyzer

400 aint that bad as opposed to the mark up for the MR ones on fleebay. its nice, still unsure if i should get it, i really want to see there J2 pop up.

do you guys think they won't release any J2 info after they see how well the Neuralyzers sold?

They said they made a bunch of improvements over the MR version including correct dates (95,96,97 vs 05,06,07), clearer/louder sound fx, made the dials easier to move, it's more screen accurate in a few places and a couple of other things I can't recall. I just picked up a mint MR w/ everything included for $200 so I'm good for right now but it looks like it's going to be a great piece.

hmm $400. Yeah I picked one up for around the $200 price range. I like the MIB franchise, but I dont see spending the extra dough when all I am going to do is use it as a display. It does sound nice though for the die hard fans. Would like to see some more detailed pics.

I'm a huge MIB fan, but as I already have the MR version, I don't think I can swing four hundred bones for another one. I thought they were supposed to be doing the MIB 3 version?

Sean

I'm also curious to see what the details are on this prop when it's available for purchase. I did kick myself for missing the MR one, but after hearing some collector's having issues with a plastic hold piece wearing out, I'm hoping this one will have a better construction.

F.E. neuralyzer, who's gonna buy one?

I saw the pre-order from factory entertainment is going to launch today.

I was wondering how many people plan to buy one?

also, it seems as if they copied Master Replica's neuralyzer exactly which kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth...

i mean they wouldn't even need to get the real screen used prop when all they would have to do is get a master replica's and copy that.. it's just too exact to master replica's. at least from what I can see from their pics they posted..

i hope the chrome plating is as nice as master replica's neuro..

Today's the day. Anyone in or out? Either way, could you explain why? I'm on the fence between right on wrong here.

Improved materials- Steel, aluminum, and chrome plated. Instead of Chrome plated brass. When some of the chrome inevitably wears off from use, it won't be brass colored underneath (this was a problem I had with mine).

Dials- Easier to turn. When I first got my MR it was nearly impossible to turn the dials. To their credit though, they did use the original part.

Lights- Brighter LEDs and strobe

SFX- Louder and remastered.

Overall accuracy- They've adjusted some of the curves and corners for better accuracy. They've also included the "charge" port on the bottom cap that is present on the original prop.

Re: F.E. neuralyzer, who's gonna buy one?

It looks like the MR because they're based on the same prop.

Here are the improvements:

Improved materials- Steel, aluminum, and chrome plated. Instead of Chrome plated brass. When some of the chrome inevitably wears off from use, it won't be brass colored underneath (this was a problem I had with mine).

Dials- Easier to turn. When I first got my MR it was nearly impossible to turn the dials. To their credit though, they did use the original part.

Lights- Brighter LEDs and strobe

SFX- Louder and remastered.

Overall accuracy- They've adjusted some of the curves and corners for better accuracy. They've also included the "charge" port on the bottom cap that is present on the original prop.

Hi Everybody,

Thank you for the kind comments, we look forward to bringing this piece to you all, as well as other MIB items in the near future.

We love the Master replicas piece, all of us at Factory are ex Master Replicas employees, so its natural we would remember it fondly. But we also love MIB and felt that revisiting replicas was a suitable homage to both the movies and MR's brilliant work.

We also felt we could make some small refinements, and although they have already been mentioned to recap:

Dials- The dials on the original prop are very stiff and not practical. MR copied them 100%, externally for screen accuracy ours are the same but internally we have retooled them to make them easier to rotate... however the design of the original prop was never going to win any ergonomic awards so they are still not the most practical dials in the world!

Lights- Brighter LED's and flash, things have come on a long way in 7 years in the electronics so we have been able to improve this area.

Sounds- Louder and digitally remastered.

Case accuracy - Taking a new copy of the original prop allowed us to get some of the details sharper. We have also included the 'charging port' on the bottom, although this is only cosmetic and does not actually function.

Date Window - Our version will have the more screen accurate 95,96,97 dates printed on the window.

Q/A Improvements - Great though the MR piece was it was plagued by some quality issues. We have revised materials and specs to address this.

Other small points. This replica is 100% new tooling and will come with a different style stand and case and have a totally different box and collateral material, and will of course have its own unique numbered plaque.

We hope you enjoy it!

Pr-ordering opens in 10 minutes, we hope to see you there!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back