Factory Entertainment Galaxy from Orion's Belt

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just arrived....the Arquilian Galaxy from Orion's Belt. All metal I'm happy. So mine is #288 of 1002. Plain brown box and Limited Edition. In the old Factory Entertainment style the numbers are hand written. Antique brass in color with a pretty shiny and sparkly marble inside.

IMG_1047.jpeg

Inner art box is sealed book style with the original MiB logo. This is the front side.
IMG_1048.jpeg

Back side of art box

IMG_1049.jpeg

The art box opened to see more artwork and the galaxy

IMG_1050.jpeg
IMG_1051.jpeg

The COA numbered with same artwork. Can you hear the hiss ?

IMG_1052.jpeg
IMG_1054.jpeg
IMG_1055.jpeg

Where it ended up in the MiB section of the Detolf. I am very happy with it at is price point it's pretty great !

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited:
It was never was a part or secured to the cat "Orion" It was an independent necklace that Orion wore along with a separate pet collar with "Orion's" name on it. It simply slipped over the head and a clasp was not required.
Sure, but HOW was it held together? It needed a clasp or a way for it to stay on the cat, no?

Sure, but HOW was it held together? It needed a clasp or a way for it to stay on the cat, no?
No in theory the cat collar would help it to stay in place. That has a clasp and for production they may have either looped it around the cat collar or tied it. Regardless when Edgar swallowed it and when it was retrieved... there was no clasp either. It's the correct representation of the prop however, I get your question although. Would this stay on a live cat? Probably not and it would have the potential to cause harm to a cat if it was caught up at a height. This is why some the collars today for pets are made to break away.

Last edited:
Same concept for coin squares sandwiched between two sheets of Mylar. Looks great I used the smaller version for the BSG cubits. They are on Amazon as well. GC

IMG_0320.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazing piece. I wonder if the Heidi Nasher Finke contributed to this? I think it looks identical to mine made by her (and who also made them for the movie).
From their site:

The Factory Entertainment team was able to visit the Columbia Pictures archive and study the original props in detail for maximum accuracy.

Each replica is cast in metal and is a precise copy of the cat-sized prop, including the distinctive double snake-chain design seen on the originals. An iridescent sphere has been incorporated into the center, which can be rotated to suggest the digital galaxy effect seen on screen.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back