Factory Entertainment MIB 2 Neuralyzer

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable with this company giving their product merit by pointing out the issues on a previously released, almost identical item? It just strikes me as odd that they say, "Ours is better than MR's and here's why..." It just sounds like they are pumping theirs up by pointing out the flaws on MR's so that theirs looks better by comparison. I would feel better if they simply explained how awesome their product is without bringing in a defunct company (or anybody else) for comparison. I have no doubt that theirs will probably be better than MR's, I just don't like the way they are going about the marketing. It just makes me fell icky.
Does that make sense?

Kind of, but considering they are all ex MR people, they aren't dumping on people they don't know. They are simply pointing out things they noticed from last time around.

Plus, people are asking specifically how this is different from the MR version. So, they are answering people's questions and addressing their concerns.

Last edited:
I am undecided, I am thinking i am going to pass for now on this. With an edition size of 1500 and a $400 tag i am going to wait to see how they come out first. Doubt they will sell out that quick and if they do they will be all over Ebay once they are in stock. If there was a signature edition i probably would have jumped on it.

Is FE coming out with a MIB1 version? (I thought initally what was what FE was doing.)

Not that I am complaining. I ask because I felt rushed initially to sell a couple of MIB1 Neuralizers I have and I wanted to get the most bang for my buck before the FE ones come out.

Hey Factory Entertainment, can you give us an approximate date when the next teaser for the J2 will be? i think that's one of the top MIB props that has yet to be officially replicated. pretty excited for that.

We are not pointing out flaws or trying to one better. People asked us what the differences were. Sorry if we upset anybody.

The MR version is stunning, when you have spent time studying the original props it is clear what a work of genius the MR version is and remains. We say that because creating a fully functional replica that was self contained and did everything that the props 'appeared' to do on screen was genius.

But the MR one was 7 years ago, and sold quite fast, many people never got the chance to get one. With MIB 3 around the corner and MIB in general sure to be back on peoples radar we feel the time is right for more licensed replicas. Plus we get the. benefit of being able to make some changes and improvements

We embrace this replicas heritage. But our version is not just an exact copy of the MR version, its a totally new replica. Sure they look similar as they are replicas of the same original props. We just wanted to answer peoples questions about the differences, no offense intended.

We are currently working on J2 prototypes. They will go first for licensor approval and comments and then we are permitted to release them.At this stage we cannot say how long that will be, but we are going as fast as we can... but its literally like trying to predict the future at this stage.

Trust us when we say we cannot wait to share and I am sorry that 'soon' is as annoyingly vague as we can be today.

Yes, we do offer installments.

Please call us on 925 270 3739 (mon to Friday 9-5pm PST) and we can discuss options with you. We tailor any installment agreement to suite each buyer.

To clarify we DO NOT require any deposit at all to pre-order and no charges are made until the order is ready to ship.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable with this company giving their product merit by pointing out the issues on a previously released, almost identical item? It just strikes me as odd that they say, "Ours is better than MR's and here's why..." It just sounds like they are pumping theirs up by pointing out the flaws on MR's so that theirs looks better by comparison. I would feel better if they simply explained how awesome their product is without bringing in a defunct company (or anybody else) for comparison. I have no doubt that theirs will probably be better than MR's, I just don't like the way they are going about the marketing. It just makes me fell icky.
Does that make sense?

Oh, come now. We've been sitting through commercials with one brand's paper towers being stronger than the other non-identifiable brand for decades. This is nothing new. And besides, details like this are important to people like us who obsess over the details. And considering MR did the same thing to themselves with their own products, I'm not at all concerned.

I have one of MR's Neuralyzers and its only flaw that I had a problem with is an internal main part in the spring mechanism made out of what looks like nylon. Its the main part that slides up and down and engages the upper body with a locking twist. Mines worn and turns with the upper body when you try to lock it together after changing the battery. Which makes it a pain to reassemble correctly so mines been sitting till I can find someone to make me a duplicate part out of brass or aluminum.
Another problem with the MR is while off and just sitting there on display, the battery still drains off fast.

I hope they've improved these 2 problems

I posted some pics of the part in question..the red arrows point to a "key" that slides inside a channel that runs along the inside of the body...theres 2 of these offset approx 60 degrees of each other.

Last edited:
I have one of MR's Neuralyzers and its only flaw that I had a problem with is an internal main part in the spring mechanism made out of what looks like nylon. Its the main part that slides up and down and engages the upper body with a locking twist. Mines worn and turns with the upper body when you try to lock it together after changing the battery. Which makes it a pain to reassemble correctly so mines been sitting till I can find someone to make me a duplicate part out of brass or aluminum.
Another problem with the MR is while off and just sitting there on display, the battery still drains off fast.

just take your batt out when you're not using it.

I just bought one of the pre orders.. I hope this is worth the extra money. if it breaks then ill feel even worse cuz were talkin over 400 big ones here.

A question for FE...

On the "charging port" that is now finally being included in the new MIB2 version....why was it not included in the MR one?

Since you worked on the MR one I thought you could offer some insight.

Initially when it was asked why the charging port was not included on the MR version, it was stated that the original prop that MR received did not have a charging port.

Which was strange to hear because many photos were floating around of the original prop with a charging port and it always showed on screen with the charging port. Or should I say, there was never a pic or scene of the prop without the charging port.

What was the deal? Did MR really receive a rare one off buried on some shelf at Sony or was it really just a mistake made in China and your version fixes that mistake?

A question for FE...

On the "charging port" that is now finally being included in the new MIB2 version....why was it not included in the MR one?

Since you worked on the MR one I thought you could offer some insight.

Initially when it was asked why the charging port was not included on the MR version, it was stated that the original prop that MR received did not have a charging port.

Which was strange to hear because many photos were floating around of the original prop with a charging port and it always showed on screen with the charging port. Or should I say, there was never a pic or scene of the prop without the charging port.

What was the deal? Did MR really receive a rare one off buried on some shelf at Sony or was it really just a mistake made in China and your version fixes that mistake?

We honestly cannot say with absolute certainty... The MR one was 100% Steve D's baby . We can confirm that MR did indeed have access to an original prop without charging ports and can confirm that the port is not on all of the props. It was probably not a 'mistake', there was likely a definite reason for its omission. When there is no one definitive prop, rather several slightly different ones, its always a judgement call when doing a replica what to leave in and what to leave out.

We liked the charging port and as you say it can been seen in various images so we included it.

It was a technical challenge as its recessed nature affects the internal mechanism, but we worked it out.

I posted some pics of the part in question..the red arrows point to a "key" that slides inside a channel that runs along the inside of the body...theres 2 of these offset approx 60 degrees of each other.

Yup, this is one of the QA problems that affects the MR version.

The replica is subject to some pretty high stresses because of its spring loaded action. To address this we have produced all the internal shuttle components out of different high impact resistant material. (For the technically inclined its an automotive/aviation material that has a very strong banding force resistance, over 15lbs.) All these components were then tested on on a repetitive cycle (over 1000 repeated cycles) to simulate years of use without issue.

We did not use metal as you suggest, partly for cost reasons but mainly because metal striking or impacting against other plastic components was likely to cause further problems and affect the feel of the spring action.

You answered my question, FE.

You stated what others have about MR getting one without a charging port. (I guess they must have gotten one that may have not been finished or as I said earlier was some type of one off.)

Since you included the charging port, I thought perhaps it actually was there in the original examined by MR the whole time and a mix up happened in China or something.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yup, this is one of the QA problems that affects the MR version.
The replica is subject to some pretty high stresses because of its spring loaded action. To address this we have produced all the internal shuttle components out of different high impact resistant material. (For the technically inclined its an automotive/aviation material that has a very strong banding force resistance, over 15lbs.) All these components were then tested on on a repetitive cycle (over 1000 repeated cycles) to simulate years of use without issue. We did not use metal as you suggest, partly for cost reasons but mainly because metal striking or impacting against other plastic components was likely to cause further problems and affect the feel of the spring action.

Are you going to duplicate the same part design I have pictured with a different and better material? If so perhaps I can purchase the part from you?

Are you going to duplicate the same part design I have pictured with a different and better material? If so perhaps I can purchase the part from you?

10 bucks says it will not fit as the internals are prob very different from the master replica's one... you're better off selling your MR neuro now before FE ships theirs so that way you can still get some good money for it. once FE neuro's come out, no one is going to pay 700 to 800 bucks for a MR neuro. sell it while you can and just pick up a FE.. it's the most easy way to fix your problem. or ask steve if he has an extra part to fix your neuro. im sure he can work up something.

the best way to not run into these problems is to take the neuro brand new from the box and put it right into the display.. pop it up once so you can get a feel of what its like, then dont do it again. just leave it open and just show off the electronics. this way it will always stay in wonderful condition and look excellent for years to come on display.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back