Everybody loves rescue bucky or its my turn for rescue bucky

Maryfoxfirebird

While I'm still waiting for my avengers 2 suit to be finished I finally caved and started put together a Rescue Bucky outfit. I scored a sick leather jacket on sale at wilsons and a pair of khakis with cargo pockets at the gap. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpg Today's scores some deer hide gloves and a ww2 compass. I'm debating on what photo to put in. Not pictured is some green pants cut to create the reinforced knees on the khaki cargo pants. Still hunting for the web gear, .45 holster, helmet and goggles.

image.jpgimage.jpg The outfit thus far I have a paratrooper helmet on the way and a shield of oak heart armory both soon to be painted. I'm having trouble finding od web gear....but very pleased so far with results.

Really excellent progress. And put together so fast! That jacket is gorgeous, and your modified pants turned out a lot better than mine did. I finally broke down and bought some real ones this week.

I got most of my web gear - suspenders, cartridge belt, and map case strap - from At the Front because I'd had good experiences with them in the past and they have all the correct gear but offer budget versions of a few things. They have the compass pouches and general purpose strap too, but I got mine elsewhere (I can dig up the name of the eBay store if you'd like). I think What Price Glory and WWII Impressions have all or most of the correct gear too, but I've never ordered from them so I can't speak to their quality. And if you have a surplus store near you, you might find something that works there.

I've been on their site but I'm still debating between green khaki or straight up od I really like the dark green from the hot toys figure. image.jpg

I have ordered from both What Price Glory and WWII Impressions, never had a problem.
And if you don't like the lighter colored khaki green web gear, you can always stain it with coffee.

Make coffee and then soak the item or items in the coffee.
Rinse and dry.
You now have an organic dye that sets to natural fibers.
Start light in color and darken to suit you desired final tone and keep grinds and crystals out of your solution underless you want dark spots.

You can also brush the solution on the stain highlighted areas...high soil areas.

Also, a nice way to age paper.

image.jpgimage.jpg The shield arrived today looks good out of the box....down side is the mounted the straps as a knight would have them not as cap would. Any suggestions for filling in the screw holes?

After removing the screws, rough the inside of the holes with sandpaper. Place a piece of masking tape to cover the front holes and fill from the back with JB weld.

Use a bamboo skewer to push the JB into the holes but not enough to deflect/distort the contour of the tape and level the back with a popsicle stick.

Once dry remove the masking tape, holes are filled and there should be liitle sanding required. Minor air bubbles can be built up with primer and leveled with fine grit sanding.

image.jpgimage.jpg Finally got the bolts not screws removed via my local tru value. Cost $2 and an in costume appearance once it's finished. Bought a gout trowel with a screw off handle for a solid grip. Not pictured is a leather forarm strap. Roughing out the lines. JB weld and painter tape are next on the shopping list.

image.jpgimage.jpg I was in Denver today interviewing new tailors/ seamstresses for my avengers 2 suit....aka my nightmare. So I had time to go to fedex office and have some pics printed for my compass. A canon Peggy pic and a gender swap "Agent Paul Carter".....

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Shield and goggles work today. Filled in the holes and torn up parts of the shield. Trimmed the plastic around the lenses will be painting them white and adding white elastic to the back. Hope to premier this at the local beer fest :)

image.jpgimage.jpg Painted it up today.....man the stars are a pain in the you know where. Hopefully I can get it looking awesome soon. On the way is my helmet and suspenders:)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back