Captain America Rescue Costume for Kid

Meko626

So every year i ask my kid what he wants to be for Halloween and well this year he wants to be Captain America from the rescue mission in the first movie. For the most part Im good with making everything or thrift store finding the things I need, like this cute leather jacket I from an etsy seller for $32. But for some reason Im stuck on making the utilitybelt and goggles. Any ideas?
static1.squarespace.com.jpgil_fullxfull.1089700003_ar1z.jpg32.jpg31.jpg

You could make the belt rig from some brown canvas, I suppose. Depends on how handy you are with sewing, or hot glue, or that iron-set fabric tape adhesive... I don't know where you would find that pre-made and kid-sized, but it's Halloween season, so it couldn't hurt to take a trip to the costume shops and keep your eyes peeled. Maybe hit the flea market / dollar stores for some cheap pouches / belts to cannibalize.

As for the goggles, I'd suggest the same thing: costume shop / party store / department store. Maybe a repainted pair of kids' swim goggles would work?

-MJ

Thanks for the input. I'll have to keep my eye out .I'm thinking of trying to make it. I have a kids pattern that has utility belt.

My kids Captain America costume is coming along well. Spent all day Monday planning, watching the movie, looking at pics, figuring out materials..... Yesterday I went out and spent the whole day shopping for materials, went to 2 different Joann Fabrics and Hobby Lobby. I'm not totally pleased with what I was able to get but that is what you get when you have limited resources i.e $ and stores. Here's all that I was able to get.
20180913_111325.jpg

Progress is slow going but determined to get it all done by Halloween. So far I have finished the belt but need to make the bandolier for it. I'm happy with how the belt looks but not happy with the buckle. I couldn't find the blanket buckle in a 3" so had to go with this one I had from a belt I owned. I have also sanded the helmet to get it ready for painting and have also started on the mock up the spats.

20180913_105617.jpg20180926_133105.jpg20180928_132353.jpg20180911_143942.jpg20180928_135058.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back