ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Scott, I haven't paid too much attention to them but more of the overall look, be good to see your At-sT if you've got some pics. I think I've only ever seen Lee's so it would be nice to see some more. Still got to add bits n bobs ut want it to dry first.

On another note, I've just been granted to display this in the living room with the Tauntaun.......I must have been a good boy :cool

I can't reattach the images, but here's the thread from about 3 years ago:

http://www.therpf.com/f10/st-niesen-esb-diorama-61973/

hi guy , awesome you work is!!!
what paints are you using??
water, oil etc??
thanks mate
Mars

Thanks mate, pretty much all of the above.

Base coat is all Tamiya acrylic custom mixed through the airbrush

The Thigh and legs is 95% Tamiya acrylic's with tiny amount of Gauche water colour for the rust colours

The face was all Airbrush aside from a small amount of gauche water colour mixed with the acrylic to dirty it up. The streaks are Neutral Grey and then sanded away to fade.

The armour plate blast marks are all oil paint just black and white mixed no thinners, with some airbrushing over the top and scratching. A lot of the body has had a very thinned Gauche Red/brown colour brushed on then wiped off to add the stains and age, no pastels yet. I've also used Warhammer Chaos black and white to do small details here n there.

The rust streaks are Gauche (rust) and Warhammer (black). I found an oil tube I'd bought thats the same rust colour as my Gauche so kinda wished I'd used this for the rust as it will stand the test of time longer (I think)

Hope that helps :cool

That's looking sahhhhsswweeeeett Guy, many thanks for the painting tips as you go along.:love
Stu

Cheers Stu, as with all my painting its a mishmash of what ever works, I need to document it better though as I'll need to remember what I did to replicate it on the other side..........Doh!

thanks Guy for the list there!!
same awesomeness as your probe mate!
I do however like the damaged one, pics of that one Guy please?
Mars

HA, thanks bud, the damaged head has took a back seat till this is done, all in good time though. I want to get this done asap so I can back to the slave and a few other bits I have on the go.

Got some commission work coming in so its going to be busy busy busy

Guy, I have a question for you:

Which kit has the heavier clear tube like you used? All the clear tube I have looks thin compared to what I see on yours and the actual prop. I have a feeling it's the P34, which I can't seem to locate at the moment...I can't believe I lost it...

Also, this looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing how the paint job ends up!

Ah ha, its not from a kit, I ordered it specially from a UK supplier! I also know there is some in the USA with another member and I'm sure if you PM him he will sort you out as he has enough for couple of builds, or you can get some from me for £7 posted?

Let me know?

My build is done just need to attach the feet and re paint and new paint parts and mount it to a base, I've put it down whilst in B-Wing club meetings with myself.

Ah, ok then. Maybe that's what they did with the ILM prop. I can't seem to find any thicker clear tubing in the kits. I'll let you know about that. I might have a go at finding it around here or online somehow.

Cheers!

That Model looks STELLAR!!! Great work man! One question, are the drawings seen in this thread private, or could you share them? I would love to try my skills on one of these!

That Model looks STELLAR!!! Great work man! One question, are the drawings seen in this thread private, or could you share them? I would love to try my skills on one of these!

Drawings or Pictures? ref pictures? sketches? armature drawing?
Please point to what you're talking about?

Great job on this. Beautiful build and beautiful paint job! Doesn't hurt either that the AT-ST is one of the coolest designs in all of Star Wars.

Cool to see your back on it.I've been working on mine,I'm going from the ground up.I pretty much have the left foot done & most of the right.Like to see how you do your feet.

Dave

Yeah,always looking forward to your build Guy,really do.
Im also collecting the chicken's parts,now still waiting for my Lang and Brabham huh:(

Don

Cool to see your back on it.I've been working on mine,I'm going from the ground up.I pretty much have the left foot done & most of the right.Like to see how you do your feet.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yeh those feet are awkward, I'm not attaching mine to to the model as yet, I need to paint one of em then my build is done, aside from a few blast marks and weathering here n there. I'd love to know how people attached them also as there is no hard fast way?

I was going to make a shaped piece from Apoxie sculpt and use velcro to hold it, any pressure would mean the velcro gave away first????? Only a thought.

Yeah,always looking forward to your build Guy,really do.
Im also collecting the chicken's parts,now still waiting for my Lang and Brabham huh:(

Don

Thanks Don, its a build that never really bothered me till I kept seeing Lee's in the flesh. Thats enough to drive you down any dark path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back