AT-ST niesen ESB diorama

Scott Graham

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Here's an AT-ST from ESB with some 1/18 snowtrooper figures. I know it's sacrilege to use the action figures with an approx. 1/24 studio scale model, but I couldn't scratch new snowtroopers. They're action figures with their joints glued and puttied, with some additional painting.

I wanted to show them on the ground directing ground operations while the AT-ST walks past a generator (from an old speeder bike chassis) and some ammo containers (scratched).

Actually I can remove the snowtroopers from the base. They just sit in footprints sunk into celluclay. I'm thinking of making a rebel turret that's been blown up in place of them. That way there won't be a scale continuity problem.

I hope you like it. Any feedback is appreciated.

By the way, this was photographed before I painted that viking-like symbol red.

Scott

Really nice work! :love
The scale difference isn't that obvious - so you could just keep it the way it is.
However, I'd suggest to add some light snow to the generator and the power cable as it was placed there by the rebels some time ago.
Some footsteps around the generator and of course to the position of the snow troopers would make it even more realistic.

Cheers,
Stefan

Since the scale hasn't been established you could always consider it a one man walker. Who knows...lol. Again it looks awesome. Love seeing builds of this kit.

Isel

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I just bought into the metal armature version too. That might be a multi-year project collecting all the kits to make it!

Awesome!!!!
I always loved the Empire Scout Walker....it seemed really odd and long legged, but not out of place in the SW Universe!
This Diorama sums up the surprise i felt in 1980 when i saw that 2 legged walker stride across the screen!

Rich

That is awesome! A clean diorama, showing one of the best walkers in SW. I love it :thumbsup That's why I like the MR AT-AT V.2 (SE) more than the V.1 LE one, because of the cool snow base.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back