ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, ive heard a good camera flash works on them, they turn to stone!
That really sucks bud, its hard to fathom it sometimes, i mean, back in the day, it was the right tool, for the right job, i mean, a carving knife is for Sundays joint lol.

Lee

Ha! Good story. Happy ending there too. I've never been mugged in NYC so far...fingers crossed.

Just wanted to add that that plate piece has a bezel like area in that large hole. Like some other piece is meant to be seated in there. If scratched, the best look would be two holes of slightly different sizes in the same plate pattern piece. Then below it is a tiny hole. Just describing it to see if it helps.

I get the feeling it's part of an interior car wall, a hull/battery divider, or the sidewall of tank maybe. But it has no other details, so probably isn't from a tank.

Put up or a shut up :lol

Lee

Whoa, ive heard a good camera flash works on them, they turn to stone!
That really sucks bud, its hard to fathom it sometimes, i mean, back in the day, it was the right tool, for the right job, i mean, a carving knife is for Sundays joint lol.

Lee

I did try to take his pic but he got really agitated when I took my phone out, I had my headphones in so told him I had to turn the music off so I could hear what he wanted. I was going to throw my bike at him but that would've really hurt :lol

I ended up chatting to him for a few mins to get his trust, he even told me his life's story and why he was doing it. I' told him I worked with young offenders and seeing a knife pulled on me was a daily thing, so it didn't phase me. I conned him into thinking if he put the knife in the ground I'd give him the money to get home......his big mistake was to trust me:lol

Base coat is on, no point in taking a pic till daylight as it all looks the same under the house lights. Custom mix of about

10 White
6 Medium grey
2 Neutral grey
.5 deck tan (cos I love it)

Daylight will let me know if I'm really happy but looks good at the mo. Its nice to be painting again.

So much for testing on the damaged version.

I couldn't resist, very much a WIP

Rearpaint.jpg

I have looked at that part over and over and dismissed it every time! Seeing it in place and looking at the ref...looks good. Alas, I am in the middle of a move and all my kits are in storage. Next load I make to the storage unit I am pulling that part!

Paint is looking like a nice beginning for you. I am dreading that part of the build. I feel very incompetant with painting this type of thing, gunna give it a go. The whole thing has been a learning experience.

I couldn't resist it, had to add the inner thigh detail....with a little help :thumbsup

IMG_0229.jpg

Yeah, looks dreadful mate, bin it lol. Bud that looks fine, and i recall you badgering me about being too picky and perfect on paint, seriously, looks great mate!

Lee

LOL, I was having a Probe Droid moment last night I think, It feels too dark at the mo so I'm going to put it down for a bit and see. The base coat has darkened over the past few days now its totally dry.

I'm sure you can finesse it and fine tune it - save it. Looks fine so far. Are you concerned about overworking it? You're good at layering grime! :)

I'd say you don't need much more except the blast marks and unit marking on the head.

My trouble is I've gone over board on misting and the overall colour of the head is way too dark now, less is more with this and I've def gone more at the moment. I've tried too hard to age it before the obvious weathering goes on and its suffered. I've decided to restart or it will bug the hell out of me.

Lee, I'm badgering myself now........It feels like my Mojo has gone west so I'm gunna re do it in the North wing of the mansion and in daylight only.

Cant comment on the mix of paint bud, i think Sky grey to white was used by others, and i popped for a Floquil hue which suited my eye.
I just aimed for what i saw on screen for the ATAT's, which im positive is the same paint, and rust hues for all involved IMO.

lee

Well, I'm committed now, new base colour has gone all over it, I've lightened it up and slightly blued it, only slightly. Daylight just ran out so I'm stopping for the day........Fingers crossed.n:behave

Guy from your pics i think you got it right, taking misting into account, a gnats cock lighter?
I wouldnt have added any blue though, i think you were about right first time?
Look forward to seeing what you have come up with anyhoo, just not too sure on the blue picturing in my head?

Lee

The blue is a grey thats bluer than medium grey to the eye so not blue as such, its turning PD on me though :eek

Last edited:
Restart no:3

Much happier this time, the base coat is a hole lot lighter and I'm not misting with the same darkened colour anymore.....more fun :)

IMG_02461.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back