Envy Thread: Mal's Pistol from Firefly

If you can't share something, STFU.

The only thing that 'I could share but won't' does is stroke one's own ego... if you gotta blow your own horn, chances are people don't care for your brand of music.

wow, sorry for sharing the small amount of information i did, which seems to have been overlooked, the fact that the magazine is the main change for the movie pistol...ill remember not to mention it again.

I do love this thread, and it's answered a question I had regarding the TV vs Movie versions of Mal's Pistol. So a big thanks to Phil for that. :)

I'm patient enough to wait to do things right... and I have no problem waiting on material, and respect people needing to time-delay things. I guess I have little to no patience for "nyah nyah" posts, and Kylash probably didn't intend it as such, but that's pretty much how I took it. So apologies of that wasn't the case. At the very least, he outed himself as having material that's still verboten for public consumption, and now I know he's someone to badger and tempt, heeee.

Kerr, I'm always interested in bettering myself, so if you have some pointers, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
Jason

I just want to say I LOVE that gun. I hope that at some point resin kits are available for a reasonable price...or better yet more detailed photos of that gun so I can make my own ;)

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jun 13 2005, 12:46 PM
Kerr, I'm always interested in bettering myself, so if you have some pointers, I'm all ears.
[snapback]1010826[/snapback]​

Well since you asked, I'll ask you to work on hypocrisy.

Secrets
Monday, May 23rd, 2005
Once again, I'm spending all my evenings making some stuff for a toy company, and I can't show any of it off yet. However, I am also building two studio scale TIE Fighters for my friend Chris King, so expect to see a lot of that in a week or three.

Yeah, I saw that. ;)

So I'm a hypocrite for posting that to my off-board blog? How is that the same?

Glad you read my diary, I'm flattered.

:)

Kerr WTF? Do you have to **** in every thread? How is someones personal webpage even remotely connected to this?

JDH

I believe the distinction he was trying to make is that in a thread asking for details on a prop forum, there is little to any advantage of touting pictures you can't show off, or saying you even have them yet can't show them.

As opposed to a blog which is by whom it may be found.

No hypocrisy there.

Mookie

Pre-emptive comeback:

24.jpg

"NYERMMMM. PEN MISSILE...."

Originally posted by philippes@Jun 13 2005, 12:42 PM
If I'm being foolish, and this thread irritates you, I'm sorry.
[snapback]1010821[/snapback]​

Phil, I believe moffeaton's frustration was directed at Kylash, not you.

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Jun 13 2005, 02:06 PM
Kerr WTF?  Do you have to **** in every thread?  How is someones personal webpage even remotely connected to this? 

JDH
[snapback]1010873[/snapback]​

:rolleyes

And yet, Moffeaton, who starts attacking someone because they can't share pictures isn't @#$%.ting on anyone. Whatever.

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Jun 13 2005, 02:06 PM
Kerr WTF?  Do you have to **** in every thread?  How is someones personal webpage even remotely connected to this? 

JDH
[snapback]1010873[/snapback]​

I believe it is the same as Jason stated that he was working on some cool projects, but wasn't able to share any info at this time. He was teasing the reader... and there is nothing wrong with that in and of itself.

There is something wrong with mocking others because they don't have the same info as you, but I don't believe that anyone in this thread has done that. Phil shared some great pics of the kit he has access to, and some info on the base gun.

Kylash shared some more generic info on the movie version, but wasn't able to share more than that. I don't think he was rubbing anyone's nose in it... just stating a fact.

Some of you guys have gotten your dander up for no good reason. Jason has apologized for his reaction already, and I think some others may need to do the same.

EDIT - Kerr, stop acting like the RPF police force.

Lonnie

I think Jason had a valid point. You, however, constantly prove yourself to be someone incapable of restraining themselves when it involves certain people.

Can we stop derailing this thread and get it back on topic or is there more strife you want to deal?

JDH

**EDIT** Sorry Lonnie was typing while you were.

Yeah, I stand by my apology - I misinterpreted Kylash's post, and I feel a fool for that. And I try not to mock people out of left field, but I'll call it when I see it, Kerr.

Ahem.

Regardless, this Mal Pistol thread is probably getting some great views.

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Jun 13 2005, 01:20 PM
I think Jason had a valid point.  You, however,  constantly prove yourself to be someone incapable of restraining themselves when it involves certain people.

Can we stop derailing this thread and get it back on topic or is there more strife you want to deal?

JDH
[snapback]1010882[/snapback]​

Well, we know the hero is cast brass/bronze, the Taurus is a donor... I'm guessing a case of beer and a whisper in Matsuo's direction will work wonders for a replica getting made.

Can someone post a picture of the base gun because I tried to search (albeit a quick search) for the Taurus 65 that philippes said was used as the base and all I found looked like it couldn't even possibly be the base.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back