EFX Mark IX Science tricorder

No bud, that's not it, and I'm well aware that the tricorder went through several revisions over the course of the franchise. Maybe I didn't describe my problem with the tricorder well. Furthermore, I believe it to be an isolated incident with my model because I don't see this on the other pictures people have posted. The area behind those "windows" should be cut out to allow the lights to show through. The cut out doesn't align with the "windows" on my model and there is a small area to the left side still opaque. Kinda just makes the windows look like little squares and not rectangles. Does that make more sense?

Aha! ok... it seems really strange...

Mine is currently sitting at Gatwick gathering dust. Presumably waiting for me to receive and pay the import tax bill. At least I hope that's what's going on. Maybe the customs folks are having too much fun playing with it. :)

No bud, that's not it, and I'm well aware that the tricorder went through several revisions over the course of the franchise. Maybe I didn't describe my problem with the tricorder well. Furthermore, I believe it to be an isolated incident with my model because I don't see this on the other pictures people have posted. The area behind those "windows" should be cut out to allow the lights to show through. The cut out doesn't align with the "windows" on my model and there is a small area to the left side still opaque. Kinda just makes the windows look like little squares and not rectangles. Does that make more sense?

You should try calling or emailing Bryan and see if you can get a replacement. They seem very good about their Customer Service and if there is something wrong, they should replace it.

Oh LOL!!!
hysterical.gif

I found a in-joke today on the tricorder, it's very subtile, in front of your eyes and you always overlooking it! (What the heck is he talking 'bout?! Did he went gaga?
uglygaga.gif
-you might probably ask)

Well, in my recent tricorder fix, I've somehow stumble over the 47 society article again further to wikipedia, read the article about this number and went on. I just repaired my loose EMRG button on the DStines version and voila, I found the 47 as the binary code that was mentioned in wikipedia. Take the binary numbers 00101111 and you got the 47, the rest 0101 is a 5, which I then decoded with a binary decoder!

It was the whole time in front of our eyes and we didn't see it! HA!

Oh LOL!!!
hysterical.gif

I found a in-joke today on the tricorder, it's very subtile, in front of your eyes and you always overlooking it! (What the heck is he talking 'bout?! Did he went gaga?
uglygaga.gif
-you might probably ask)

Well, in my recent tricorder fix, I've somehow stumble over the 47 society article again further to wikipedia, read the article about this number and went on. I just repaired my loose EMRG button on the DStines version and voila, I found the 47 as the binary code that was mentioned in wikipedia. Take the binary numbers 00101111 and you got the 47, the rest 0101 is a 5, which I then decoded with a binary decoder!

:confused Wha...?

Oh these look great!!!
I have been busy and did not notice that these had started shipping (in need to pop over to EFX's web site and get mine in route). Is the plaque hand signed or is that part of the print on it?? I can not tell from the photos.

Oh these look great!!!
I have been busy and did not notice that these had started shipping (in need to pop over to EFX's web site and get mine in route). Is the plaque hand signed or is that part of the print on it?? I can not tell from the photos.

They are hand signed.

Oh LOL!!!
hysterical.gif

uglygaga.gif
-you might probably ask)

I vote that this is the geekiest post ever.

Oh LOL!!!
hysterical.gif

uglygaga.gif
-you might probably ask)

Someone has way to much free time on their hands. :lol:lol

So how does the Tricorder properly sit on the display stand? If I have it fully open it seems to balance quite precariously. However, if the door is partially closed...actually parallel to the base...it is quite snug but seems a bit odd. Any advice?

Got mine, and I think it's awesome, but I think there is a problem with the hinge on mine

I wanted to post a picture here and ask that you guys confirm that yours doesn't have the same issue before I reach out to EFX for a replacement.

The hinge is uneven, causing the door not to sit 100% square.

I'd appreciate it f someone who already received theirs could compare it to mine and let me know if I am being too picky or if this is a true imperfection in which case I will seek a replacement. Thanks!

tricorder.jpg

Last edited:
I'd send it back. With the amount of money you spent on it, everytime you look at it you will see the flaw (even if others don't) and you'll never be happy with it.

Got mine, and I think it's awesome, but I think there is a problem with the hinge on mine

I wanted to post a picture here and ask that you guys confirm that yours doesn't have the same issue before I reach out to EFX for a replacement.

The hinge is uneven, causing the door not to sit 100% square.

I'd appreciate it f someone who already received theirs could compare it to mine and let me know if I am being too picky or if this is a true imperfection in which case I will seek a replacement. Thanks!

bkay, I did have that problem on my MR. All I had to do was close the door and squeeze with a little pressure on the end with the hinges. They actually slide up into the body and then it sat nice and flat. Mine happened when it fell off the display stand. It hasnt been a problem again since.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back