eFX ANNOUNCES LEGEND DARTH MAUL HERO LIGHTSABER!! see post#53!!!

You know... I like to think our Facebook page is an extension of our site... but clearly it is not. Here are just a few of the comments that were posted when we announced the sale this morning:

400 bucks?? Well, with that money I can buy a lightsaber replica, pay my ticket to comicon and pay ray park 30 bucks to have it signed....and enjoy the full comicon for it....not worth 400 bucks mate.

$399 and it doesn't even light up?!?

Honestly, the ForceFX version looks better and costs less.

Oh dear god... What are they thinking? I can make that in my machine shop completely out of aluminium... Does that mean I can make 400 dollars per unit? I'M GOING TO BE RICH!!! RICH I TELL YOU!!!

I sit and read these type of posts, absolutely flabbergast. You have a hero piece, cast directly from the original, made almost identical to the original, at a price point well below what I expected (clearly Gino didn't get to have a say in the pricing ;)) and people are complaining and comparing it to a children's toy? Really? I suppose "not our people" is the only thing that comes to mind to explain it, but I am still supremely annoyed.

I sit and read these type of posts, absolutely flabbergast. You have a hero piece, cast directly from the original, made almost identical to the original, at a price point well below what I expected (clearly Gino didn't get to have a say in the pricing ;)) and people are complaining and comparing it to a children's toy? Really? I suppose "not our people" is the only thing that comes to mind to explain it, but I am still supremely annoyed.

Well...since you opened the floodgates, what did you expect of the general populace around here? :)

You know... I like to think our Facebook page is an extension of our site... but clearly it is not. Here are just a few of the comments that were posted when we announced the sale this morning:

The level of ignorance on most of them is just plain :facepalm :lol

Can't blame some of them though. I only came to appreciate legend versions recently,
after seeing an informative post about screen accurate dings on Vader and TK buckets.

The level of ignorance on most of them is just plain :facepalm :lol

Can't blame some of them though. I only came to appreciate legend versions recently,
after seeing an informative post about screen accurate dings on Vader and TK buckets.

Maybe it is just a matter of education...

How awesome is the price. It's what MR went for years ago and this is direct from a Hero prop. Personally I prefer the idealized MR and if I get back into prequel props that is what I would get but, If you are not happy with this your life will just never work out.

Lightsaber made from a Screen Used Saber. Signed by Darth Maul himself, for that price.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredibly great deal.

Awesome job Bryan and Gino. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :D :D :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Now off to sell and save for the Legend Boba, Biker Scout, Reveal Obi (Hint, Hint), S.S Y wing, and so on.

Stop that! You and I aren't supposed to agree! ;)

Wana go see "The Lone Ranger" together and see how far we can test that assessment?

Also, I can't see it from the pictures, but you're still using the "INDUSTRIAL" brand sharpies for signatures, correct?

I think it's cool, it's just not my thing. I think you have a separation in the replica collecting community. Some people, like me, want a replica of what the weapon/item would be IN the SW Universe. Others want an exact replica of the movie prop. This would be the latter. I don't want all the flaws (my word) like pinholes and things on it. It's 100% correct to the prop, just not the weapon. The comments on the FB page are pretty dumb though. Don't bash it just because it's not your thing.

I hope that makes sense and didn't come across as bashing it! I think it's definitely cool, especially because the people involved are from the site! Just for me, if I had to make a choice I'd take my MR version. Now if I suddenly won the lottery I'd definitely pick it up. :)

I do like the idea of it being cast directly from the screen used prop. Would you trade one for a MR LE version of the same saber?? (you want to trade it - uses Jedi mind trick) :D

Grats to everyone who managed to grab theirs! If it wasn't for the Noisy Cricket, this replica would have been a must for me.

Sold out, but remember guys, the edition also should be including sales to retailers such as bigbadtoystore or redfordfilms so don't despair.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back