Eaglemoss 2 foot Enterprise D

So Stage 22 took a brief back seat as a put aside piece from stage 21 was damaged and I did not notice it until Stage 22 When I tried to assemble it. You can see the missing screw point that I thought was a flat tab as it was finished with paint. Obviously a factory error as no missing part was in the tray., So after waiting on the replacement part from stage 21 (about 2.5 weeks) I finished up Stage 22 and then Stage 23 today. I am caught up at this point, So wow it's really taking shape, more panels, the green navigation light on the port side and the upper dorsal back section and new under structure. I am now in the last binder which is binder 3 and there are 9 more stages to go. The front defector is now also attached which was a put away part from Stage 2. I just laid the battle bridge on top of the body section so you can see it somewhat joined to the hull. It was tempting to lock it in place but I am awaiting the directions to do so. Will be glad to finish this up.

IMG_0058.jpeg
IMG_0052.jpeg
IMG_0056.jpeg
IMG_0053.jpeg
IMG_0057.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0056.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_0125.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg
IMG_0126.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg
The build continues with Stage 24. Three more hull pieces this time on the opposite side of the saucer section underside. Also a piece of the Star drive section right under and behind the front deflector dish (I just laid it loose on top behind the defector dish for illustration purposes). Also now the Starboard (Green) and Port (Red) navigation lights at the midpoint of the saucer section. It took me a few photos shots to get the red and green navigation lights to be lit in the photo capture as they obviously blink. Note to future builders these navigation lights are slippery little buggers to get in. GC

Last edited:
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg
The build continues with Stage 25. Another pie wedge section of the hull and an additional underside piece of the lower hull. 6 stages left as the run ends with Stage 31. Again June/July is the anticipated launch lol. GC

Last edited:
A note to those following this build. I asked once again ago about accelerating the final few stages and also asked once again about the premium display case. This current model is no longer available to those who are just starting at this time. If you look it up it is indeed unavailable for a new subscription... neither is the Thanos Infinity gauntlet just for FYSA. I was told by customer service that the model was very popular and they are short on parts at the moment. They are still discussing the all at once option but have made no decision yet, further they are not sure when the model starts again AND currently they have zero Premium display cases to sell. I was not left with a warm fuzzy so I bluntly asked WILL a premium display case ever be available? The answer was we don't know.

Last edited:
Stage 26 complete 5 more stages left until the final stage 31. Added another large hull skeleton and the gradual filling of the underside of the saucer section gaps is getting there. Major editions to the primary hull to include lighting and a switch powered by two coin batteries. Cable management is getting sporty as is the connection of the micro plugs for the lights into the crowed PCB boards.

IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0290.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe after it's all done
Right now I’m looking for stages 33 and 34 , and all of issue 7 and issues 18 and 19 watching eBay and found a lot on there the hunt is on lol awesome job on your build I hope I can get most of it done for some kind of display

My next stage is in the mail. For informational value somebody over in the UK has finished theirs and I am posting the link below. This not my model.

Now before the knives come out..... on light leaks, panel misaligments, etc etc. This is the only Enterprise D in this scale to date that is not over the $15k studio scale wise price point over at Factory Entertainment or from QMx studio scale in the past.

Fanhome picked this up after the bankruptcy of Eaglemoss and for years this run was a total shitshow. In my opinion, the kit was over engineered for LED lighting stretching out the time line and the price point for that matter on a model that almost was never finished. I believe Fanhome will kill this kit soon like they have already killed the Thanos Gauntlet. Bluntly they want this chapter behind them. Warts and all this may become future model folks wishes they tipped their toes in the water on. Even AFTER all the drama. Why, because there won't be many in the wild.

Last edited:
You should check out the Helios Lighting and Models Facebook page for alternatives that are in this same price range (they're gearing up for an Enterprise-B/Exceslior right now in a number of different scales).

Helios Models and Lighting

The misaligned windows on the secondary hull on the Eaglemoss/Fanhome model are a travesty. I mean who thought they were okay?

I'm glad you're satisfied with your build, but I'm also glad I bailed on mine pretty early on. Same with the TOMY die cast TOS Enterprise. There are just too many compromises for me to be happy with it.

Last edited:
You should check out the Helios Lighting and Models Facebook page for alternatives that are in this same price range (they're gearing up for an Enterprise-B/Exceslior right now in a number of different scales).

Helios Models and Lighting

The misaligned windows on the secondary hull on the Eaglemoss/Fanhome model are a travesty. I mean who thought they were okay?

I'm glad you're satisfied with your build, but I'm also glad I bailed on mine pretty early on. Same with the TOMY die cast TOS Enterprise. There are just too many compromises for me to be happy with it.
I am satisfied it almost over. It is what it was.

Some of us suck at models, especially the galactically evil Aztec Enterprise pattern.:confused::eek::oops:(n)

I am happy to deal this versions imperfections as I will never be able to afford to buy a Studio Scale model made by a pro and can never, ever, ever be able to do that darn pattern. Hence I am happy with my subscription to the D.

Just my -2cents.

I am loving building it.

And the barely painted DeAgo Falcon!!
That was considered fun by most of the builders, in addition to being able to superdetail it. Still have to build mine.
Some of us suck at models, especially the galactically evil Aztec Enterprise pattern.:confused::eek::oops:(n)

Yeah, I do wonder who came up with that, and why?! My dad kept me from painting the old AMT TOS E by convincing me that it was the lifhting on tv that made it appear white. One day I will dig that model up ...

I am happy to deal this versions imperfections as I will never be able to afford to buy a Studio Scale model made by a pro and can never, ever, ever be able to do that darn pattern. Hence I am happy with my subscription to the D.

Absolutely understandable! My reason to buy the Falcon and the X-Wing.

Just my -2cents.

I am loving building it.

And THAT is worth every penny. Besides, this is still The RPF, where the fun has no price tag. At least no tag we talk about outside of The RPF ...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back