DUNE 2021 Stillsuit Components

cpullins0112

Looking for shoes that may have been used as the base for the stillsuit costumes in Dune (2021), or a similar model.

Capture.JPG
DU_05633_Edit_r_2__4_.jpg

I did a search for sawtooth sole and found a bunch of images.

But, those may have been made by Reebok special for the film. I notice they have some sawtooth options but none that wrap over the toe. At the same time, they sort of remind me of the Reebok made combat boots.

If you conclude similarly, I can ask my friend who is one of the heads of design at Reebok to see what he can find out. But I won’t bother him if you think I’m off base.

I did a search for sawtooth sole and found a bunch of images.

But, those may have been made by Reebok special for the film. I notice they have some sawtooth options but none that wrap over the toe. At the same time, they sort of remind me of the Reebok made combat boots.

If you conclude similarly, I can ask my friend who is one of the heads of design at Reebok to see what he can find out. But I won’t bother him if you think I’m off base.
Definitely not off base. This is the best lead I’ve found. If you wanted to reach out to your contact I’d certainly appreciate it. I’d be inclined to believe Dune commissioned Reebok for the costume, or otherwise modified one of their existing products.

He is not aware of Reebok doing anything on this.

He did not confirm or deny they were Reebok shoes either.

He does running (or outdoor- I don’t remember now). Each division has a design head. So, it could be Reebok and he would know nothing about it.

Coukd also be the prop department going shopping...

He is not aware of Reebok doing anything on this.

He did not confirm or deny they were Reebok shoes either.

He does running (or outdoor- I don’t remember now). Each division has a design head. So, it could be Reebok and he would know nothing about it.

Coukd also be the prop department going shopping...
I really appreciate your checking on that. My best guess at this point is that the costuming department purchased shoes (Reebok or similar) and then customized the tops with the fabric that's present in the rest of the suit.

Found these on Wish. You'd have to fabricate a new shoe cover.

I'm new here mostly because I'm new to cosplay but ambitious enough to try making a Dune 2021 stillsuit! I've accumulated many images to use as resource which I've also been adding to my Pinterest (can I share Pinterest boards here?).
1) How many pictures can I post here without getting pulled up for spamming?
2) Or just as important, how many pictures does this thread want me to spam them with?!

I'm new here mostly because I'm new to cosplay but ambitious enough to try making a Dune 2021 stillsuit! I've accumulated many images to use as resource which I've also been adding to my Pinterest (can I share Pinterest boards here?).
1) How many pictures can I post here without getting pulled up for spamming?
2) Or just as important, how many pictures does this thread want me to spam them with?!

Knock yourself out. Nobody complains about more source material. Side note....The last pic of the crew...I wouldnt use the girls shoes as gospel as the sole is different. Looks like she is wearing her normal shoes between takes. Thats my guess. I also think yall are on the right track with dive boots.

I wouldnt use the girls shoes as gospel as the sole is different. Looks like she is wearing her normal shoes between takes. Thats my guess. I also think yall are on the right track with dive boots.

It's possible, and I haven't seen the movie yet to check if there are scenes that show the soles, but I believe those are the movie shoes.

In this pic, you can see her in a movie still/promo pic, in the same location as the above photo.
14.jpg

Zoom in on her shoes, and you can see the cords/tassels on her shoes, and if you zoom really close you can see they're stitched on.

chani1.jpg

Set pic zoomed in, the cords are a little visible.

chani2.jpg

Her toe vs the displayed costume from the front:

shoes1.jpg

My links above to those Wish shoes (8) have that distinctive nose to the front of the shoe. Totally different sole though. I'm going to fabricate the top of the shoe out of same nobby dot fabric used in the stillsuit. I'm still trying to track that fabric down. Think it might be a synthetic upholstery. I'm still trying to discern the standard colour. Dark warm grey? I think there is subtle colour differences in main characters. Like PAtreides is much darker. More like dusty charcoal and ashes. I'm hoping the book will give a bit more insight. Mine should arrive any day now.
Screenshot_20211025_132440_com.contextlogic.wish_edit_502465283501453.jpg
Screenshot_20211025_132612_com.contextlogic.wish_edit_502438190984790.jpg

Dang those are some great photos, where did you find them?

And I think a dark warm gray is the color. I bet they're all the same, just varying levels of sand/dust.

Dang those are some great photos, where did you find them?

And I think a dark warm gray is the color. I bet they're all the same, just varying levels of sand/dust.
Most grabs from video. Some from Twitter posts. I'm keeping a keen eye out. Glad I held off on materials. I was sure the ribbing in the upper thighs was a rubberised seperate piece but newest pics I got def indicate sewn with rubber or foam tube inserts. I'd say that material is some sort of stretch faux suede? But a lot of the main fabric is some nobby/dot textured (vinyl?) Fabric. I also tossed over rubber sheets or neoprene for the cut out chest parts but on closer look at photos it looks more like a very fine ribbed sheet or mat in reverse. Like ribbed rubber tool drawer lining? We are seeing the underside of it? The other side is definitely not smooth.

I think the main fabric is actually a fabric, not vinyl. On the closest-up shots there's a definite texture to the cloth below the bumps that looks like a weave to me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back