DUNE 2021 Crysknife

Kobeque

Just came across these super high res shots of the new Crysknife replica from United Cutlery, and knew I had to take a shot at this prop before the film comes out.
4ma5cjivhrbs.jpg
I'm planning to make the blade and handle from acrylic, I'm not too sure about the inscription though I might have to figure out a way to print that part. Although it's not the strongest design IMO it's still pretty cool and very achievable.

Also, notice how the blade is slightly translucent! Matches the book description perfectly there.

Expect WIP photos soon, just wanted to get the thread going to see if anyone else was having a stab :)

Attachments

• 41721_3_1.jpg
    41721_3_1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 666
  • 41721_4_1.jpg
    41721_4_1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 560
  • UCU41721-2.jpg
    UCU41721-2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 796
There are no overall dimensions mentioned are there?
Actually yes! This site mentions a length of 48.26cm, but it's worded a bit weird. Here's the link;

Awesome, ordered one! Seems like the metal Parts of the handle are “metallic”, they don’t downright say they’re metal which is weird. Also curious where they stuck their ugly copyright.

Last edited:
based on the reference in this thread, the UC knife seems to be based off Stilgar's design.

Awesome, ordered one! Seems like the metal Parts of the handle are “metallic”, they don’t downright say they’re metal which is weird. Also curious where they stuck their ugly copyright.
There's no metal. It's all resin. The metallic part of the handle is just paint. They're just referring to shiny finish.

The copyright is on the underside of the brown grip. It's not that distracting. It was very quick to paint over with some umber acrylic paint. I don't have a picture of it before covering it up, but here's where it was. The plaque on the wall mount also has the copyright.

The blade is translucent.

IMG_20211016_002720__01.jpgIMG_20211016_001824__01.jpgIMG_20211025_184801__01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and pics! SO the whole thing is probably cast resin and then the handle is just painted. Thats a bit of a shame considering UC makes so much metal stuff. Glad the copyright seems to have just been paint though and not engraved.

There's no metal. It's all resin. The metallic part of the handle is just paint. They're just referring to shiny finish.

The copyright is on the underside of the brown grip. It's not that distracting. It was very quick to paint over with some umber acrylic paint. I don't have a picture of it before covering it up, but here's where it was. The plaque on the wall mount also has the copyright.

The blade is translucent.

View attachment 1506550View attachment 1506552View attachment 1506553

Wow, that “see through” blade looks super cool! You did a great job on the paintwork. I might do that to mine!

Mine is on the way from BUDK.

The plaque looks a little goofy maybe? Not sure why they always have to slap movie logos and names on everything. I like that their LOTR stuff doesn’t have that.

I’m hopeful that someone makes a couple of the different styles of knives. It seems that all of the Fremen knives are unique. I would guess that these things would be tailor made for design and printing on a 3D printer…then custom painted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back