DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Seriously though, if the only thing wrong with it is that the quilting is a little more square, it's still the best jacket on the market.

Benhs that is amazing! Can you forward me contact details/info on how to order from Richard Lim as really want a proper one myself!

Here's high societies number. Sunny is his receptionist/ assistant- shell hook you up man. I got mine a couple days ago... Legit. The other one I had didn't fit quite as I would have liked it... +1 (213) 383-3333

So, I got my jacket and it is amazing!

The satin is a more pale gold than the Steady version and it has a brighter shine to it. The jacket is less stiff than the Steady version, and feels thinner, but it is heavier. The wool cuffs and collar aren't as thick as I had imagined—they're actually nice and soft—and they are darker than the steady version. The colors of the scorpion are much richer and the shading has more contrast. The only details I gave for size were chest and height. The jacket fits perfectly. It is fitted enough to wear alone, and roomy enough to wear over the trucker. The collar stands higher than the Steady jacket. Also, the quilting is diamond shaped, not square.

Only things that are a little off on mine. The collar strap was made with a button hole, and a there is a button on the collar. I don't mind this because I can remove the button and the hole is less conspicuous than a snap-button. Also, because they used the same size scorpion as they used for Gosling, it is too large on my jacket. I wear a 36 while Gosling wore a 39. The inside tag is royal blue and says "High Society" in gold.

All in all, this is the best jacket on the market by far and worth every penny. I will post comparison photos at some point.

Right now, I have to watch the film again.

Last edited:
Here's the comparison between Lim's and Steady. Not much to be said considering the differences AND the price. But something definitely worth investing if you rock it on a daily occasion!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 396
Here's the comparison between Lim's and Steady. Not much to be said considering the differences AND the price. But something definitely worth investing if you rock it on a daily occasion!

Is the jacket on the left the one you posted pics of on 7th Nov, or the Lim jacket you just received?

The stitching over the scorpion is positioned exactly the same.

The scorpion on the Lim jacket does look amazing and in that shot the satin looks even more golden than th steady version.

Hey yeah man it is... Same one. The color of Lims jackets are that goldish tone... Depending on the lighting it is gold- almost pale yellow to be honest. As far as the new jacket it completely confirms that the previous jacket is without a doubt a lim jacket- material wise and tailoring wise; they have this certain way they fold the sides under the arm at the intersecting point of the v underneath the arm. It's crazy man... Needless to say I will probably get another one made cuz they're that insane... Beside if this one gets ruined or I get blood al over it ;) or say they discontinue making em at least ill have a back up?! @___@ that or be SOL! Haha

Is the jacket on the left the one you posted pics of on 7th Nov, or the Lim jacket you just received?

The stitching over the scorpion is positioned exactly the same.

The scorpion on the Lim jacket does look amazing and in that shot the satin looks even more golden than th steady version.

I would recommend the Lim version and bloody the Steady one. I wear the Lim one all of the time. It is a true work of art.

Too bad it's too late to get a lim jacket- consider you're self lucky if you got one from the time the copy right lifted and now. They've called it quits making them. I literally spoke to lims assistant a day ago and they said they're no longer making them. lol on another not just finished out my gear set up. Got a filson off eBay from a dealer selling em 150 cheaper than the msrp... And some 1930s cuffed sleeve pearl henleys... Super sick. Ill post when I get a chance! Cheers and Merry Christmas fellas.

I was hoping the Steady jackets would come down eventually but it doesnt look like it. I found a jacket on eBay that has actual photos of the jacket not just photos of the original or Steady one. They have 100% feedback and 72 jackets sold. Its about $50 cheaper than the Steady, it might be good for bloodying up.

Wow, I feel super lucky! It's one of my prized possessions. I can't believe Lim only made them for such a short time.

According to Stacy Adam's facebook page, everyone should keep their eyes peeled in April. They say that they're bringing back the Madison boot in taupe!

Sundowner, good luck on finding an extra jacket. Be careful when buying on eBay. Some of them are really terrible.

Well funny how just when we hear they're bringin back the taupes- Stacy Adams raises their prices by $70 bucks?! The Madison boots are runnin for a whopping $200 bucks don't get me wrong they're nice but not that nice. I pay good money for shoes but those are hardly worth it considering the quality. I mean I've had my taupes for a long while but the shoes tend to fall apart... Anyways... Thought I'd give my few sense bout that keepin the feed alive.

Yeah that's where I got mine too. But if you recall correctly and notice how they mentioned checking out THEIR website in April to get em... Idk I guess well have to wait to see and find out. Nevertheless my hope is like you said amazon has em for cheaper... Anyways behns you gotta post some pics of that jacket of yours?! Anyone else get one while they had the chance?

Last edited:
Yeah, I really do need to get on that. I don't have a decent camera so I am waiting for a friend with a DSLR to conveniently show up some day.

I went on Stacy's website and they are still 135. Where are you seeing this price bump?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back