DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Received an email notification from Get Go Retro this morning. My jacket from the second run should be arriving in the next 2-3 days. So excited!

edit: Estimated arrival date - Friday

Last edited:
Received an email notification from Get Go Retro this morning. My jacket from the second run should be arriving in the next 2-3 days. So excited!

edit: Estimated arrival date - Friday

Make sure to upload some fotos!

After all the seize issues I really have to admit, that the size chart by steady is correct! If you measure your seize and compare it to the chart there is no need at all to bother! It will fit!

It's arrived! I woke up, opened my bedroom door, and find a small package box waiting right in front of me. I think I'm gonna do one of those "unboxing" videos. I'll link it here if I'm able to.

It's pretty awesome. Here's some pics:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1746/drivejacket007.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8913/drivejacket006.jpg
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6056/drivejacket002.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6899/drivejacket003.jpg

I'm uploading an unboxing video so that will be posted in about an hour. I wrote a review of it on the video description so here's the copy pasta on my thoughts of the jacket from the movie DRIVE. TLDR on bottom.

Wear the jacket. Be the Driver. You can order your own replica of the scorpion jacket from the movie "DRIVE" at SteadyClothing.com. I bought mines at GetGoRetro.com.

It's really comfortable and warm, which was very surprising to me at first. I was expecting a jacket with a thin layer, sorta like a windbreaker. Great white satin quality. It gives off different colors depending on the lighting around you. The scorpion itself is amazing and high quality. My only gripe is the lack of diamond stitching over the patch.

I ordered an extra small so it's somewhat tight and fitted for me. If you're interested in getting one, I recommend checking the size chart. Most of my shirts and jackets are small and for some reason, I chose extra small for the Drive jacket. If you want it to be tight and snug, order one size lower. Otherwise you should be fine with your usual size.

I did have a couple problems with the jacket though. When I first put it on, I thought I was going to rip the sleeve off. Of course, that might have happened because I ordered a size smaller than what I usually wear. My second problem with the jacket were the tiny loose threads. There was a long one around the front pocket and a few scattered up and down the zipper from the inside. I didn't rage on it but when you're paying $150 for something, you certainly don't want to see things like that.

One final thing. The jacket features a snap on collar. I didn't notice it in the movie so it was kinda random here. It's quite an annoyance if you don't put it on because it's always rubbing against my neck.

edit: The snap on collar is in fact in the movie jacket and is only a minor annoyance if you pull the zipper all the way up. Gosling doesn't do this in the movie so maybe that's why I never noticed the collar in the first place.

I really love this jacket and can't wait to wear this bad boy on Halloween and cosplay conventions. I don't see myself wearing this outside in public on a daily basis. It screams attention and the bright white satin is very eye grabbing. Is it worth the $150? Depends on how much you think you'll wear this often and if you have the urge to own something that's from an awesome movie. If you haven't seen DRIVE yet, I highly recommend you doing so. On the surface, it looks like an ordinary "heist gone wrong" movie but it's a totally different kind of beast, and in the best way possible.

TLDR: Awesome jacket but for $150, is it worth it? Ask yourself the questions: Do I like the movie? Did I find the jacket badass in the movie? Do I want to own a piece of memorabilia from the movie? Am I going to wear this in public? Do I have $150 to spend?

Last edited:
So how many quotes are being used on jacket tags? Are they associated with the size or random? My medium that I just sent in for exchange was the kick your teeth in quote, while his XS was the toothpick quote.

hey corso, does your jacket go over your waist by a good few inches when you put your arms straight up? It seems like the sweep is resting right above your belt. I was just wondering if you were satisfied with that? A couple of my family members were surprised at how small my XS was. It's slim tight which is what I like but they want me to exchange it for a S in case I get bigger as I grow older or something.

hey corso, does your jacket go over your waist by a good few inches when you put your arms straight up? It seems like the sweep is resting right above your belt. I was just wondering if you were satisfied with that? A couple of my family members were surprised at how small my XS was. It's slim tight which is what I like but they want me to exchange it for a S in case I get bigger as I grow older or something.

In that pic it seem that the jacket rolled up a bit on my waist but it sits on my hips when it pull it down but its not a few inches. When I put my arms straight up.. well im not sure, but I know if you roll the sleeves a little bit up and then put your arms straight up it should fix that problem.
Yes I like that fit, I think it should sit on your hips just like in the movie.

This jacket is nice in person but the stitching was poor on mine. Also the small was a little too tight so I had to send it back for a medium. I think if you are 5' 9'' with a muscular build you are going to need the medium. I usually keep my waist to a 31-32 and the jacket still feels tight not to mention I thought I was going to rip the sleeves off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back