DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Hey corso thanks for your help. I think I'm just gonna go with the large that I already ordered. Everything you say is making me feel like it's gonna be perfect. And like I said I wear tight leather motorcycle jackets all the time so this should be a cake walk lol.

Be sure to post pics Dolce!

Hmmm. Dang it, back on the fence about this then. On one hand, I know Magnoli's will be great, on the other his is almost $200 more expensive. I prefer the more accurate brown fabric though, and he's trying to perfect the scorpion. Ahh, don't know.

I'm definitely waiting for Magnoli's replica. There are just too many errors in the Steady version for me to settle for it. That's just me, though; I'm sort of picky about things like this.

I'm definitely waiting for Magnoli's replica. There are just too many errors in the Steady version for me to settle for it. That's just me, though; I'm sort of picky about things like this.

I'm picky as well, but I have to balance that with my impatience. Overall, the biggest problems I see are durability and the brown material. The embroidery on the Steady jacket looks a lot more accurate than I thought it would (i.e. you can see some white through the threads).

But, Magnoli is worth the long wait.

I'm picky as well, but I have to balance that with my impatience. Overall, the biggest problems I see are durability and the brown material. The embroidery on the Steady jacket looks a lot more accurate than I thought it would (i.e. you can see some white through the threads).

But, Magnoli is worth the long wait.

or you could just buy steady's and buy some fabrics in order to modify the brown areas.

Totally put my joker costume project on hold for this. It just keeps getting more expensive and I think I am getting these.

http://www.amazon.com/Stacy-Adams-M...4SR6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324540531&sr=8-3

Anyone else going all out on the Drive Costume? I am trying to go as authentic as possible.

I'm definitely going all out! I believe the jacket mangnoli will bring us will be worth the wait and the price! I've already ordered the gloves and I'm waiting on the sunglasses Gosling wore in the movie so I'm definitely serious about it. I just hope that when it all comes together and I take one step out the door with the new jacket on, I don't get strange looks. I'm only thinking this because you don't see many people walking about town with Satin jackets on :)

Last edited:
Jealous that you've already got the gloves on order. Which shade? Do you have the denim yet?
Well the exact make and shade of glasses are: Selima Optique Money 2 Auburn Tortoise.
There's a waiting list for these glasses but you can be put on it if you e-mail the selimaoptique website. I've been told that the new stock of Auburn Tortoise should arrive by mid-December but I've had no word from them telling me they've arrived yet and it's the 22nd!. Will proably e-mail them again soon. I'm not very patient haha

I wore it out last night to a meal and then the pub. My GF thinks it's cool as **** and said she could tell it was made well. A fair few ppl said they thought it looked very well made aswell.
I got a few funny comments from some mates who said it looks like michael jackson's jacket from thriller lol
You get alot of looks and stares in this jacket which is to be expected really, so if you are buying then you should be aware of it.
The brown material is the only slightly weak point imo but it really isn't worth getting wound up over.

Has anyone received an XS yet?

I ordered one based on the fact that I wear 36R suit jackets and wear 30S trousers. They are basically the smallest 'normal' sizes you can get in the UK so if the XS doesn't fit then I don't know who it will fit!

I do wear tight fitting tops (think small vintage adidas running jacket) but I am pretty sure I'm going to have to exchange for an S based on other posts here.

i just received my XS last night. i'm a girl, so i don't know if i'll be of much help, but: i'm about 5'5", 120 lbs, "27 waist, "33 hip.

tumblr_lwlgr1ak3d1qbhni1o1_500.jpg

as far as the fit goes... the jacket actually fits me really well, which surprised me (i thought it might be too big). the arms are a perfect length for me, and the fit all around is a perfect kind of snug, with the exception of the chest, if that makes sense.

at first, i was taken aback by the initial color of the jacket. it's a lot more beige than ivory, imo. it doesn't look bad or anything, i was just surprised. though i suppose it depends on the lighting.

there's been a lot of debate about the cuffs. right, it's not like the original as far as we know, and it's probably one of the worst details of the jacket; it's soft and flimsy like a hoodie sleeve, but it's not horrible.

So......anyone who has ordered from the 2nd Run, have you received your E-mail confirmations?

I ordered a medium from the 2nd Run, received an email confirmation on the 19th, and received the jacket yesterday on the 21st.

It's a nice quality jacket, but the only thing I don't like is the brown cotton material lining on the jacket (under the arms, the cuffs and the bottom), I just wish it was thicker like a Member's Only jacket that I have.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back