Dredd 2012 Electronics 3D Model and Build

Props3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
20220821_185638.jpg

Just working on a few props to go with the Lawgiver. The Proximity mine is magnetic, and the gas grenade has a working pin that will throw the handle off when pulled. Not quite finished the gas grenade but here's the mine: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5473926

Here's a demo of the gas grenade in action:

Spidey74

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Small update to share.

Chris and I were discussing the VR function for this project. It's such an awesome feature and one that we planned out from the very beginning. Of course, we all know how loud it can get when trooping, attending cons, etc. The voice recognition works pretty well but performs best under ideal conditions, low noise environments. So we wanted to add a feature that would allow the Judge to manually cycle the ammo mode.

A Judge can cycle the ammo mode by holding the trigger for 2 secs and releasing. On release, the ammo mode will cycle to the very next one. The ammo modes have assigned positions:
  1. Armor Piercing
  2. Incendiary
  3. Hotshot
  4. High Ex
  5. Stun
  6. Full Metal Jacket
  7. Rapid
No matter which ammo mode is selected, the manual function will cycle to the next one. A code update was pushed to Github earlier this week after we completed the testing. Download, recompile, and upload to the Arduino to get the new goodies!

Spidey74

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good Googly Moogly! You folks just keep rolling out the hits. I don't want to jinx it, but I dare say this will go down as one of if not THE perfect run(s) on the RPF. Seriously, thank you folks for working ALL of this.
Thanks for the shoutout Gee2!

It will soon be a year ago that Chris and I started talking about this project. I even have one of the LG resin casts from JOATRASH FX, and it's one of the nicest props I ever received from the RPF. I really wanted a functional version and so we got to work to see how far we could take it. It has been quite the journey but pretty satisfying so far. We'll share more as we make progress.

Props3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally done!
160A1402.JPG

Videos coming soon, I have a lot more filming and editing to go but this is a huge milestone.

Here's the paint colors I used:

Top:
Base: Matte Black Primer
Underlayer: Tamiya Gun Metal
Primary: Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black
Top Coat: Satin

Body:
Primary: Tamiya Flat Black
Top Coat: Matte

Barrel/Trigger/Suppressor:
Primary: Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black

Bullets:
Underlayer: Antique Brass (only bullets)
Primary: Brass
Primary: Copper (only rings)

Props3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
301877408_153767880639511_7068996758840437096_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chx4ApLvIxO/

Got a few messages asking for this so why not? Drop leg holster added to the download package. Just screws onto the universal drop leg platform you can buy for like 15 bucks on aliexpress or ebay using 3 M5 button screws and nuts.: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5199144 file is called Dredd 2012_HolsterDropLeg_V4 There's slots on there for a retention strap for cosplaying. Sorry the lawgiver looks like poo but all the good ones are in paint, I just screwed some early prototype parts together to give this a fit test.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.