Dragonslayer Amulet & Tooth - Progress Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the your amulet carved from? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I couldn't quite tell from the picture whether it's wood or resin.
Either way it looks really nice.

I'm also up for a news update. I like this prop so much I even made a bastardized version to power my Grordbort contest gun.

What is the your amulet carved from? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I couldn't quite tell from the picture whether it's wood or resin.

Not a stupid question. That's the prototype. When the real thig is finished they will be cast... I think.

It's carved from clay, but these will be cast in pewter.
I'm having a hard time finding the appropriate Fluorite crystals for these.
So, the crystal will be cast resin, which is what the original prop was anyway.

I'm still finishing up a couple of other projects right now, but these are still in progress to be finished before the year ends.:cool:thumbsup

I'll take whatever version I can get. I have wanted this amulet for years, can't wait til it's available.

Any news about this latest great project, RelicMaker?

Your Goonies Map & Doubloon are between the main pieces of my prop collection (Goonies, The (1985), One-Eyed Willy's Treasure Map and Doubloon, other replicas), so I know the quality we would expect thanks to your skill.

Anyway count me in if it wasn't aborted. As someone wrote here before, I'm searching for this amulet maybe since I was 10 years old...

I'll be working on this amulet project full-time when the Indy Voodoo Pin run is complete, which will be very soon! I've already started to assemble the Voodoo Pins to get ready to ship!:love:thumbsup

This would go great with the newly announced Vermithrax model kit from Pegasus for next year. I wonder what the crystal would look like if you had it 3D printed?

UPDATE:

Work on the Amulet has continued, and I'm able to work on this full-time now that my other projects have come to an end. I'll also be working on the Dragon Tooth!:love:thumbsup

That's great news to hear. Looking forward to seeing progress on this.

UPDATE:

The Dragon Tooth is finished and ready to be put into a mold!:love:thumbsup

Just a couple of more details needed on the Amulet and it will be ready for the mold as well.

I'll be posting pics in the next few days.

I've also scored 8 more great looking Fluorite Octahedrons from a local rock shop!:):thumbsup

Great project! I would love to see a finished version. :) The movie is one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back