Dragoncon 2015

MatrixSpoon,

Please add me to the list for the RPF meet up. Will forward the appropriate size avatar to helpfulnerd soon.

Thanks - ATL

Yeah....so this is the first I've heard about the carpet redo, potential to impact D*Con, etc. And wow....just, wow. If this is ongoing during DragonCon then this is going to suck bigtime. Think Saturday night. You know how tough it is to move around that place as is - lets not take away huge....tracks of land...to not be able to move around. I can't really tell from the photo either - is the carpet a different design?

View attachment 513002

That's the new carpet from what I'm hearing...

Attachments

• 11755349_10155950929695457_3275090256915250824_n.jpg
    11755349_10155950929695457_3275090256915250824_n.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 140

oh man, that's gonna suck. Guess ppl will either spread out a little more to the Sheraton or Westin or elsewhere, or....everybody'll be crammed in EVEN TIGHTER with their new best friends.

Here's hoping the area near Pulse isn't "being dynamic" right now...

oh man, that's gonna suck. Guess ppl will either spread out a little more to the Sheraton or Westin or elsewhere, or....everybody'll be crammed in EVEN TIGHTER with their new best friends.

Here's hoping the area near Pulse isn't "being dynamic" right now...

From what I'm hearing on the dragoncon fb groups there working hard at getting as much as they can done prior to Dragoncon, and will restart construction after Dragoncon. I hope that this is true....if anything or any issues arise for the location of our meet I will post on the forum as well as the front page...I know last year Dragoncon said they were going to block off and use the skyline level, last year. But that did not hinder our meet, As of yet I have not heard any issues of the same thing happening again this year. If that does happen, I will let you all know. I may live in another state but I get updates though many different sites on whats going on for Dragoncon and the Marriott...

Thank you all in your support...

For the sake of staying positive and crossing my fingers I just have to say that it would really, really surprise me if the Marriott made a decision to cause issues at one of the largest events at their hotel. But hey ya never know they may screw things up :lol But I really, really hope not.

Sucks that they changed the carpet pattern, I guess the floor pattern cosplay crew will now live in memory only. Maybe they'll do an updated version.

I don't know about you all, even though I'm stressing out about finishing costumes, I AM SUPER EXCITED!

arnold excited.jpg

That's the basement carpet, and I'm pretty sure that's not new. I spent a LOT of time sitting on that carpet last year waiting for Timothy Zhan with some other Star Wars fans, and that's what I remember. The basement level had different carpet than the other levels.

That said, from looking at the pic a pages back, that's a new pattern on the atrium level, too. RIP, cosplay-inspiring carpet!

But it'll be okay, guys. We'll still have fun!

Part of me is super excited, part of me is worried about costumes and as of today another part of me is super stressed about my rooming situation for me and my dude. U_U i really didnt need this to be added to my stress so close to the con but we will see how things pan out. : / hopefully everyone else feels a bit better than I do .

Part of me is super excited, part of me is worried about costumes and as of today another part of me is super stressed about my rooming situation for me and my dude. U_U i really didnt need this to be added to my stress so close to the con but we will see how things pan out. : / hopefully everyone else feels a bit better than I do .

I have space, I PM'd you.

Bump for lanyard reminder. I'm surprised only a handful of folks have shown interest in this. I'd want an RPF lanyard even if I weren't going to this meet-up. :p I want to make sure we at least meet helpfulnerd's minimum...

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add me to the list. Unfortunately due to a bunch of things that have happened this year, and still going on (but nothing interferes with D*C itself, dahmink), at best I'm going to have one costume. I've sent helpfulnerd my avatar and asked to be added to the lanyard list.

Can't wait to meet everyone. I can't believe it's so close to D*C already--time has flown this year.

I would really like to attend the meet and greet. It would be my first time attending the RPF meet and greet. This is my 4th Dragoncon i cant wait.

Please add me to the list. Unfortunately due to a bunch of things that have happened this year, and still going on (but nothing interferes with D*C itself, dahmink), at best I'm going to have one costume. I've sent helpfulnerd my avatar and asked to be added to the lanyard list.

Can't wait to meet everyone. I can't believe it's so close to D*C already--time has flown this year.

I have added your name to the badge listing as well as the lanyard interest listing. We can't wait to meet you...

I would really like to attend the meet and greet. It would be my first time attending the RPF meet and greet. This is my 4th Dragoncon i cant wait.

I have added your name to the badge list, please be sure to send a copy of your avatar to helpfulnerd for he is the one making the badges this year, thank you. We can't wait to meet you...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back