Does our link with Side Show

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I remember when I first found out about the (then) new link/deal with SS; I was confused. I felt that any overt support/link with a dealer wasn't wise. A board that's full of rogues and independent do-it-yourselfers didn't seem like a comfortable fit with a (supported) commercial enterprise. BUT I don't know how this deal was presented to our Mods at the time--I'm sure it must have seemed like a useful partnership, so I was happy to adopt a 'wait-and-see' attitude and see if the partnership took off--see if it provided a cash boost to the board.

When it was recently posted that after a year (help me out if I've got the time frame wrong) we still haven't seen any real profit--I just think maybe as a board we should reevaluate our partnership with them.

Sometimes advertising/partnerships work to bring in proceeds, sometimes they don't. I'm glad we tried the experiment, but personally, I don't understand the anticipated benefit any longer.

Mods, is the SS link actually helping the board in a tangible way? Are there current stats that can shared with the board that's sponsoring the link? If we continue to partner with them, will there be a small SS section where members can check to see the $$ total that's being generated by our partnership with them? I think something like that would be an excellent gage of how useful the link is--and if it's something the board wanted to continue to try, it might actually encourage members to use the link--IF it's worth it.

EDIT: spelling :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back