Question Trader issues with Customrelic, advice welcome

There has been some development but not what you would think...

So, I too have been coming on here and checking to see if Customrelic has frequented the board to reply to any of my PMs, which he has not. It still reads that he was last on here on 31st January 2019. He has not replied to any of my emails either - I use Gmail and there is no chance of any emails going missing or being sent to the wrong address, I check it every day. No emails from him either.

After normal life getting in the way for a while, I have communicated to Customrelic through his friend on here, who I have said I would not involve in this mess by name. Customrelic has been adamant that he has sent me numerous emails and that I have not replied to them, which I find really odd as I never got them in the first place (I always got his emails before, so where are they?). So, after some conversation via this other forum member, a screenshot of his text conversation with him about it was shown to me, our phone numbers were exchanged - Customrelic was adamant that he had already given me his phone number in the past and all I had to do was ring him, which he had not. So, he calls me right away but I am out with my mum on her birthday, so can't take the call. I relayed this to the "middle man" and said I would call him back. I tried calling him back a day or so later, it rings and then goes to voicemail. So, I call again about 8 or 9 days later, it rings and goes to voicemail.

So, I send a text, asking where my refund is and refer to a word that was in the screenshot of the text conversation (that was sent to me by the forum friend) and I got a reply that is as follows:

I’m sorry but you must have the wrong phone number my name is not Tony but I have gotten several calls and text messages since I’ve received this work phone for someone named Anthony. I’m assuming that’s who you’re trying to get in touch with. Sorry.

Now, here is the interesting part...

I sent a screenshot of this text message to Customrelic's friend and asked if he knew what was going on, as he texts him and was told that maybe he (Customrelic) did not like that I mentioned a certain part of the screenshot text that he sent me. Which I find very intriguing as the text that I received from his mobile number stated that this was not him (Customrelic).

So, something smells here in my opinion. Something is not quite right but I can't put my finger on it...

Of course I fully expect to be badmouthed somewhere or other and completely contradicted but you know, a few things remain constant in this whole scenario.

I am trying to communicate, one way or another, with no reply.

Customrelic seems to be lying a lot about communicating with me - if he was emailing me, why would I ignore them?

This person, Customrelic, has got $750 of my money and I have nothing to show for it.

I’m not gonna lie...I check this sub, and the Premium sub, every day to see if there is an update on this.

The drama intrigues me.

I can't get my head around the whole thing, I mean, why lie and why not just give me my money back, this whole stupid situation could have been easily avoided.

Quote: "I’m sorry but you must have the wrong phone number my name is not Tony but I have gotten several calls and text messages since I’ve received this work phone for someone named Anthony. I’m assuming that’s who you’re trying to get in touch with. Sorry."

That is complete bull. If the person received the phone from their work as it is a "work phone" then they must be able to identify who Anthony is/was within the business and either provide a forwarding number or pass your messages on to "Anthony". At the very least that person should notify someone else in the business that they keep getting calls for the phone's former keeper and ask them to deal with the enquiries...........so I am not buying that for one second..............and if he kept failing to get responses from you to "his emails" why didn't he try to contact you through the RPF?

I hope you manage to get some resolution to this because it does smell a great deal......................

How many times have we seen this same scenario go down? This whole situation is like classic Japanese drama. It never changes and the resolution is slow and sometimes never ending. Buying on this (or any other) forum is a potential quagmire that only the most intrepid venture forth into.

Quote: "I’m sorry but you must have the wrong phone number my name is not Tony but I have gotten several calls and text messages since I’ve received this work phone for someone named Anthony. I’m assuming that’s who you’re trying to get in touch with. Sorry."

That is complete bull. If the person received the phone from their work as it is a "work phone" then they must be able to identify who Anthony is/was within the business and either provide a forwarding number or pass your messages on to "Anthony". At the very least that person should notify someone else in the business that they keep getting calls for the phone's former keeper and ask them to deal with the enquiries...........so I am not buying that for one second..............and if he kept failing to get responses from you to "his emails" why didn't he try to contact you through the RPF?

I hope you manage to get some resolution to this because it does smell a great deal......................

Thanks buddy, I totally agree. It is pretty clear that something smells bad and I have extra suspicions now that there is more to this than meets the eye and there is more than one person involved in this. I doubt I will get my money back but I will have the last laugh for sure.

How many times have we seen this same scenario go down? This whole situation is like classic Japanese drama. It never changes and the resolution is slow and sometimes never ending. Buying on this (or any other) forum is a potential quagmire that only the most intrepid venture forth into.

Sad to hear this and I am sure there must be some way to show the trustworthy traders?

Nonsense is a harsh insulting word. It supposes that what was said is totally wrong, doesn't have any value and doesn't take into consideration that your opinion just differs. I have seen, more than once, here and on other forums, that a previously good, trusted source became unreliable due to personal health, marital problems, or financial issues. They don't start out to be flakes, but circumstances prevail and they can't follow through after taking money in good faith. But it seems to happen on an increasing basis, so I stand by my statement.

Last edited:
I have intrepidly ventured into many variously potential quagmires on this board for over 17 years and I have had not one single problem yet.

That is because I KNOW EXACTLY who I am dealing with, and there are a few ways to protect one self in a transaction

Nonsense is a harsh insulting word. It supposes that what was said is totally wrong, doesn't have any value and doesn't take into consideration that your opinion just differs. I have seen, more than once, here and on other forums, that a previously good, trusted source became unreliable due to personal health, marital problems, or financial issues. They don't start out to be flakes, but circumstances prevail and they can't follow through after taking money in good faith. But it seems to happen on an increasing basis, so I stand by my statement.

Without wishing to take sides here I think the point is this does happen even with people you might otherwise think have what seems to be a rock steady reputation. I myself am waiting for something from a long standing master member which was paid for in March 2018, originally promised for June/July 2018 but despite constantly promising updates or for the items to be shipped has not yet even shown a finished prototype. I have tried to start a conversation with no response and contacted their private email with no response and I am now waiting for a response to a refund request, whilst this person is still listing new projects. In my case the amount involved is not significant but basically I have been badly let down by someone who is very highly regarded on the Forum. I am still hoping to resolve this amicably which is why no names have been mentioned but we shall see.......

It's just not fair and there is no excuse for it. Communication has never been easier than it is today and it shocks me how people still do this.

I would ever dream of taking someone's money and not supplying the goods, it's criminal and shameful.

Still not a peep from "Customrelic" and now the plot thickens. It appears that the same item was offered on a Facebook forum by this person's "friend" under his own name. I had a conversation with an artist on there and mentioned no names, no places or anything but just told them that I had been ripped off. They kindly sent me a screenshot of this person offering the same Chucky and said "yes this is ****** ****" - replacing the stars with the "friends" name. No prompting, nothing.

Kind of opens up a can of worms...

Still no sign nor word from this thieving scumbag, how very strange indeed that he has not resurfaced.

Finding it very odd too that I cannot find anybody who has dealt with his "Creepy Hollow Studios" so-called company.

Any information on this scumbag thief would be much appreciated, thanks.

still a member in good standing here?

This thief is STILL a member on this forum, even though the admins/moderators are well aware of his actions. I have not heard a peep from the thief either, how odd that he has vanished from the forum (he has not been on since 31st January 2019), from Instagram and seemingly become invisible to anybody, anywhere. Nobody knows of him (apart from one person on this forum), there is no information on him, his so-called "company" or anything else, anywhere.. I am disappointed that the people running this forum have not shown any support in this situation, they can clearly see that this thief is in the wrong and could have at least looked into the whole situation.

I really wonder if anybody has even dealt with this scumbag.

I know one thing, I will not be looking at buying anything on here again - once bitten twice shy. I will continue to use it as a source of information and advice only. A real shame because of one prick ripping me off.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back