Does anyone no the REAL history/story of the Predators, and the different types?

haha yea, that clip was a good refresher. I haven't seen that movie in awhile... I guess he was pretty bad ass!
But I hate how they always die in the movies.. sucks!

Where can i get theses AVP and Predator Novels?.. I hate reading but I think I can handle reading about Predators LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(comics)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_(comics)
Here's a list of darkhorse published comics most, of them have been collected into 4 big omnibus books for Predator and 2 for AVP.
I suggest the first Predator one to get you started. You can buy it on amazon for $16.47 direct or $10 in their marketplace *link*

Here's the wiki page for the AVP novels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_vs._Pr..._(novel_series)
You can pick those up on amazon too for a relatively cheap prices

hope this helped :)

you know, up to a certain point, this reminds me about how religion is "made". Somebody does or says something, probably minding his own business, then others take it up and make something almost completely different out of that. Like in Mad Max Road Warrior, Max ends up being a saint to the people from that refinery, but what really happened is, he drove a truck full of sand in the wrong direction.

Without wanting to bash anyone here, there are a lot of people here, me included, who feel that the Predator(s) shouldn't and can't be explained, and that the comics made way too much stuff up. Personally, and I've said this many times now, I like the first one the most because dramaturgically, it works best if the Predator is the villain and the unknown at the same time. Once you write a comic book about how the Elder in P2 got the flintlock, it takes the fun out of everything for me. In the very moment that I see that scene, I can let my imagination run wild; a comic (or almost any cheap to produce media) trying to explain how that **** happened can only disappoint me then (Pred and Jack Sparrow fighting side by side?? Seriously??). After all, it's a character created in an 80s movie, so in the movies it should stay (and I reserve the right to find all following movies retarded if they **** with the first one - generally speaking; midichlorins, anyone??). If you read Jim&John Thomas' script "Hunter", it doesn't say anything about "blooded/unblooded" and **** like that, and if one could really say that there was something like a "school of thought" concerning the Predators ... well, school's out for summer. Script doesn't explain where he came from or why he's doing it. Doesn't explain his mama's maiden name either. There *is* no *real* background story. The comics made most of that up. Nothing wrong with pleasing the crowd, if you consider them a valid source, it's your personal gain in fun; but I'm just not in that crowd.

Carry on. ;-)

P1 , P2 , Celtic, Wolf, Berserker Preds...I just want them to make a movie about the Preds that develop all the tech that they have. What clan would they be from, sitting around in pred lab coats, clicking about the new plasma caster they just developed or getting excited about a smaller less log like combi stick, etc. Wouldn't that be a fun movie to watch...

Clip would have been better with out that music. Speaking of which, does any one have a clip of the Wolf roaring after his mask comes off when fighting the hybrid?

that clip reminded me of how fluffing cool Wolf is. as much as i don't really get on with the AVP films wolf does make requiem worth watching :)
as to the back story and the cause of this thread. if you don't like reading do you expect us to put the hard work forward and hand it to you on a plate?

come on now, all the comics are online if you look, i got them all off the net a few years ago after reading most of them in the late 90's
and the novels are around too if you look hard enough.

or if you really can;t bring yourself to read a comic or book then look through the lair, all this has been answered before many times.
do a bit of research and you'll enjoy your time here and learn much about not only Predators but the sculpting, moulding, casting and painting processes of making movie props

I would say that the story of the race of predators isn't like a soap opera. They don't all tie into one another. They are just stories of different predators during their hunts. Just like life, one comic book could be about my day today and another about yours last week. Just different stories featuring a race of hunters. I didn't read many of the comics so I'm sure some tie into each other as well as the movies but for the most part I would take them as individual incidents unless stated other wise.

I think the preds are meant to mirror human society and culture. As there are dozens of different human cultures there are probably hundreds or thousands of different predator societies. Some look different, say have longer dreads, different skin tones, different skull structures and facial features. So too do they value different things. Namely, some still practice the blooding/self scarification ritual using Alien blood as a right of passage to adulthood, some do not. Some value the cunning nature of humans over the raw force of other beasts for their trophies as some people prefer hunting a certain type of game over another. Some have a more ethical hunting mehod, some do not...

This is kinda my argument for both the comics and movies. Even if they are terrible and make little sense regarding what is "cannon" I just think of them as glimpses into other aspects of the predator species as a whole.

My own take on the whole thing is that the 'new' predators ARE the 'smaller ones' that Nolan spoke about. He never really cleared it up who was who.

When the prisoner-Pred was released by Royce, and was squaring off against Beserker...there was almost no size difference between them. It's been well documented why the Beserker won in the end.....he was in better physical condition than his entrapped foe. Also, when the other Pred was sizing off against the Japanese guy with the sword..they were virtually the same size.

Compare this to P1 lifting the massive Dutch clean off his feet by the throat...and he was still looking down at him.

Look at the traditional predators....they don't 'bring the game to them'......they go out and hunt it on its own natural environment...like a true hunter...not lure it into a no-win scenario by dragging it from a distant planet to their own little game-reserve.

The new Predators have no honour. It's like fishing with dynamite....the prey have no chance to escape..because there's nowhere to escape to. Even when Royce killed them....he was still a prisoner.

My take on the whole situation is that these new Preds are 'runts of the litter' who were either bad bloods or just not quite good enough to join proper hunts. Essentially, they set up this moon reserve ( illegally in Predator culture )...and they managed to entrap the proper Predator sent to track them down for their crimes.
As of evidence on the camp floor of a Pred skull...he's not the first one they've overpowered.

They may look like they do thanks to inbreeding or something. They're the 'Hillbillys' of the Predator race.
Never mind 'Beserker' , he should have been called 'Zeke' or 'Cleatus'.

I read an interview with Joel Silver about 12 years ago and at that time he'd written a treatment for what would have been the third predator movie and his story started exactly where predator 2 finished. The camera zoomed in on the flintlock and then panned back out to reveal a Spanish Galleon at sea and under attack from predators.That's all he mentioned at the time.
Not really to do wiith origins but just reminded me of it whilst talking about the flintlock.

My own take on the whole thing is that the 'new' predators ARE the 'smaller ones' that Nolan spoke about. He never really cleared it up who was who.

When the prisoner-Pred was released by Royce, and was squaring off against Beserker...there was almost no size difference between them. It's been well documented why the Beserker won in the end.....he was in better physical condition than his entrapped foe. Also, when the other Pred was sizing off against the Japanese guy with the sword..they were virtually the same size.

Compare this to P1 lifting the massive Dutch clean off his feet by the throat...and he was still looking down at him.

Look at the traditional predators....they don't 'bring the game to them'......they go out and hunt it on its own natural environment...like a true hunter...not lure it into a no-win scenario by dragging it from a distant planet to their own little game-reserve.

The new Predators have no honour. It's like fishing with dynamite....the prey have no chance to escape..because there's nowhere to escape to. Even when Royce killed them....he was still a prisoner.

My take on the whole situation is that these new Preds are 'runts of the litter' who were either bad bloods or just not quite good enough to join proper hunts. Essentially, they set up this moon reserve ( illegally in Predator culture )...and they managed to entrap the proper Predator sent to track them down for their crimes.
As of evidence on the camp floor of a Pred skull...he's not the first one they've overpowered.

They may look like they do thanks to inbreeding or something. They're the 'Hillbillys' of the Predator race.
Never mind 'Beserker' , he should have been called 'Zeke' or 'Cleatus'.

I like this. It actually harmonizes for me what was otherwise a negative direction, where the Preds we love were being hunted. If the P1 / P2 types typically hunt the new breeds?? Then I suddenly like the new breeds a whole bunch better and they are all hero types to me.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back