Doc Brown's 2015 Red Chinese Shirt

...and here's two shots taken during the filming of Part I. Again, hope these images help.

Attachments

• BTTF01_02.jpg
    BTTF01_02.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 165
  • BTTF01_01.jpg
    BTTF01_01.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 203
...and back to the Nike version, here's another shot of Christopher Lloyd without the gold coat on. Hopefully you guys will be able to spot even more symbols in this shot.

Attachments

• Doc.JPG
    Doc.JPG
    883.2 KB · Views: 227
wow! Very intersting, even the orchid flower of BTTF I/II is different! I think the replication of the original red shirt is a bit harder than the Nike 2011 version, which I think is much more nicer done… I don't know, it's nicer :lol Do you have to happend additional pictures of Doc and his shirt? Thought I identified 3 additional glyphs, it's still hard to make out the second seal with the thin scripting…

Do you have to happend additional pictures of Doc and his shirt?
QUOTE]

I have a few more photos from both the movies, but none with better detail of the symbols. Same with the Nike photo shoot with Christopher Lloyd, I posted the best two. I do also have a couple good shots of Doc's boots, one from the Nike version and one from the movie version, but this thread seems specifically dedicated to the red shirt.

I don't want to derail the thread focusing on the shirt, but do you have other BTTF photos, or was the focus mostly on the Doc? Great stuff here!

I don't want to derail the thread focusing on the shirt, but do you have other BTTF photos, or was the focus mostly on the Doc? Great stuff here!

During the screen-used hero "A" car Delorean Time Machine restoration that Terry Matalas and I (Joe Walser) ran for Universal Studios, we were given access to the Back to the Future photos and sound archives. Tens of thousands of photos spanning all three movies, set photos, costume photos, behind the scenes and other production elements. We can't just kick over that treasure chest, but we'd be more than happy to dig through them to help you guys with projects that you're working on, especially if it gets us in line for one when those projects get finished. :)

Last edited:
During the screen-used hero "A" car Delorean Time Machine restoration that Terry Matalas and I (Joe Walser) ran for Universal Studios, we were given access to the Back to the Future photos and sound archives. Tens of thousands of photos spanning all three movies, set photos, costume photos, behind the scenes and other production elements. We can't just kick over that treasure chest, but we'd be more than happy to dig through them to help you guys with projects that you're working on, especially if it gets us in line for one when those projects get finished. :)

I ask because I'm recreating the BTTF2 (2015) version of the entire town square set in CG, and a lot of details aren't shown clearly in the movie, so I've relied primarily on set photos I've managed to find on the internet. So anything would be greatly appreciated.
Just so I don't take this thread off topic, this is the link for the thread for that project-

http://www.therpf.com/f11/back-future-2015-set-cg-model-157770/

Wow, I love all the work that's been put into this shirt- the accuracy that it'll have.
Bravo!! can't wait to see it!

Using the new photos, I've been laying out the characters again and discovered a bunch of new ones I don't have yet:

moreunknowns_zps7fecb680.jpg

Still stuck on the other black seal as well...

That's great! I found all of the characters except the seal and 睦. What is the translation of that word? I found "peaceful", but that doesn't help me find the correct character. Is there a better translation?

Thanks!

not really, until you are an east asian and can speak mandarin, since the words are contextual, you'll get a "feeling " about the meaning. I've already indented it couple of days ago… there are still some words left unident…

Well, I've found a "close enough" for 睦 in the previously posted font. So I may end up using that one. I'll do the seal by hand and... that should be all the characters except the black seal.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back