DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

The second one looks better.

I I have another one I made I'll measure when I get back. I just left town unfortunately. I'm hours away from home for a few days now.

Drat

I have to get the info to the shop ASAP or we will lose our spot in the current line up.

I may have to run these when I have the scope bracket made.

Here is a cropped and rotated version of the picture Scott posted, I think it's pretty close too so unless anyone is dead set against it I'm going to go with my 006 blue print

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/... Bespin Scope Bracket Nut 002_zpsrrjwfeao.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/...SBBB/ESBScopeBracketBespin006_zps889d77df.jpg

If we're really worried about the thickness, can we compare the left edge of likes disc to the left edge of the scope mount, seeing as I think we know how thick that is?

does this help?

The knurled screw is a Kaiser camera mount screw, but I was unable to find any of the correct size over the years.
BUT even on the bigger ones, the 50:50 ratio seems correct (maybe 55% straight: 45% knurled)

6400.jpg

Boba, tell me what you need and i will turn some samples to compare.

Markus, i was never really sold to choosen ratio, it looked always more 50/50 to me.

They look really good to me :) Wow!

Not a chance of finding one online I bet :)

This pic is taken straight from the manufacturers (KAISER) website, so they are still available. ;)....BUT not in the size, that would be needed for our purpose.

Michael: 50/50 would be fine for me as well

Well I'll be dagummed, would you look at that!

Those definitely look a little closer to an even split. And my bevel looks like it may need a little adjusting as well.

Well this is awesome! I wonder, if the screw came with threading, why there's a bit of threaded rod sticking out the top on the blaster. Unless these things are nuts.

I should correct my post to...

"The knurled screw is probably a Kaiser camera mount screw, but I was unable to find any of the correct size over the years..."

There might have been either one without the threaded post in the past OR it simply is not the part at all (even if the resemblance is too obvious IMHO)

bah, this is it i think.there could be a threaded one and a nut that pair together. I think MR used a common mount screw like thisScreen Shot 2015-09-21 at 8.54.10 AM.png

Hmm, I dunno. The knurling is in the wrong place on that particular thumbscrew, and there's a step rather than a bevel there. It sure looks like a lot of the other knobs used on props, though!

Credit belongs to lonepigeon, who told me about these....but again, this theory is still unprooven, since I have yet to find a correctly sized thumbscrew.

sure does look like ur in the right direction!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I dunno. The knurling is in the wrong place on that particular thumbscrew, and there's a step rather than a bevel there. It sure looks like a lot of the other knobs used on props, though!
Let me reiterate - I assume Master Replicas used a similar modern camera mount on their incorrect blasters. Not the original prop.

i also used this as an example to suggest Kaiser may have had screw/nut pairings and that would explain the threaded rod on the prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back