Disney Archives: Tron, Rocketeer, Black Hole and More!

confusion

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was cleaning up my hard drive and thought some of you might enjoy seeing some random shots I took at the Disney Archives.

Click on the link for more pics.

Disney Archives - a set on Flickr

The Cirrus X-3! by Thom-293, on Flickr

The Rocketeer costume by Thom-293, on Flickr

Rocketeer Helmet by Thom-293, on Flickr

Tron Costume and Identity Disc by Thom-293, on Flickr

V.I.N.C.E.N.T Full Size by Thom-293, on Flickr

Blocks from Mary Poppins by Thom-293, on Flickr

Prince Caspian by Thom-293, on Flickr

Last edited:
Re: Disney Archives: Tron, Rocketeer, Black Hole, Prince Caspian

man, i sooooo love the paint job on those rocketeer helmets...

Last edited:

Wow... Some of the paint jobs on those props and costumes are... rougher than you'd think!

The VINCENT robot looks in sad shape. Very rough paint job and it might be me but it looks like some kind of chemical reaction in the silver paint is happening or is that how the robot's body (fiberglass? foam?) is supposed to look?

You can see with the TRON costume that B & W filming plus rotoscoping really helped the look of that outfit! Gotta say that the circuit trace on the outfit still looks smart. Was never enthusiastic about the design work on the new film.

Disney really does have an outstanding Archive but I think they still occasionally sell off pieces they have no real use for anymore from time to time. They're very protective of the original animation pieces they still have since those are still used from time to time for reference and figuring out problems. It saves tons of money if you DON'T have to figure out (again!) how to animate underwater if they've kept examples from Pinocchio and The Little Mermaid.

Wooohooo, awesome pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing those !!!

Wow... Some of the paint jobs on those props and costumes are... rougher than you'd think!

The VINCENT robot looks in sad shape. Very rough paint job and it might be me but it looks like some kind of chemical reaction in the silver paint is happening or is that how the robot's body (fiberglass? foam?) is supposed to look?

In another pic the plaque below the robot is visible, and it says that it´s a "shooting miniature".

You can make out the top of Maximillian too.

16636034814_559d02992b_c.jpg
Disney Archives - Sark's Helmet, Tron, 1982 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Mouse Ears worn by Annette Funicello, The Mickey Mouse Club, 1955 - 1959 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Model of Cruella De Vil's Car, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, 1961 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Don Diego's Hat, Zorro, 1957 - 1959 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Maquette of Elliot, Pete's Dragon, 1977 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Maquette of Elliot, Pete's Dragon, 1977 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Rings worn by Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Captain Hook Maquette for Peter Pan Animated Film, 1953 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Model Bed, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, 1971 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Model Bed, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, 1971 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Broom Head, Mary Poppins, 1963 by Thom-293, on Flickr

Disney Archives - Broom Head, Mary Poppins, 1963 by Thom-293, on Flickr

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back