The Black Hole Maximillian - Anyone ever see a production Robot? I’m trying to do Research on this Robot

Considering that it's articulated, my initial reaction would be that it is a filming miniature. There would be no reason to articulate a reference maquette, and probably little reason to articulate a static promotional display.

I think I've seen one full size robot and one maquette come up for sale in the past few years.

Another listing for an articulated miniature:

That listing seems to have additional details for what the articulated model was created for.

Maquette:

Last edited:
Considering that it's articulated, my initial reaction would beimagine it is a filming miniature. There would be no reason to articulate a reference maquette, and probably little reason to articulate a static promotional display.

I think I've seen one full size robot and one maquette come up for sale in the past few years.

Another listing for an articulated miniature:

That listing seems to have additional details for what the articulated model was created for.

Maquette:

Thank you for the reply. Here’s some additional images of it too….

1711057179215.jpeg

1711057206914.jpeg

There may be some info you can follow up on here:

I'm not sure if these are any help or not. I took the photos of the full size Max at an attraction they had at Disney MGM in 1992, note the control cables.

I don't recall where the articulated model photos came from or the location of the model (tableware in the background in one shot)

Attachments

• max1.jpeg
    max1.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 38
  • max2.jpeg
    max2.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Maximillian Model 1 copy.jpg
    Maximillian Model 1 copy.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Maximillian Model 2 copy.jpg
    Maximillian Model 2 copy.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Maximillian Model 3 copy.jpg
    Maximillian Model 3 copy.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 43

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back